VERY strange dating question

I have a strong suspicion that my ex husband is gay. There were a lot of red flags that I ignored. Our marriage was miserable and I attribute that a lot to his denial. After we divorced, more than one friend asked me if I ever considered that he might be gay. All I can say is listen to your gut and ask yourself the tough questions before it gets too serious.

he may not be gay

Do you think I'm looking too much into this? I obviously can't ask him...What should I do???

If you can't fully talk to him maybe he's not the one either way.:([/QUOTE]

He just may have the mannerisms and not be gay. Some guys are just more feminine. Metrosexual. I work for a dds that is not gay and he loves to shop, go on trips and dress nice that does not make him gay. There are some guys who are "butch" and they are gay.

I would trust my intuition on this.

I agree. No one else here can tell you if he is/will be gay or not. He may or may not be. Follow your gutt.

I hope you resolve your feelings about this soon, because if you continue in this relationship, it's likely this will continue to bother you.

I dated a guy who turned out to be gay. I know that even though I'm the wrong sex for him, he was into me as much as he could be with a woman. I think that he also really wanted to be married and have kids and live a picture-perfect suburban life...which is unfortunately more difficult for people who are gay.

I wish that I had just asked him. I cared for him and had a great time with him, but wasn't in love with him, probably because I suspected his true sexuality. I am in no way homophobic, I just don't want to be with someone who truly doesn't want to be with me.

Please forgive me for saying this but I cant believe you are having sex with someone and call it dating. Did you two first talk about where you wanted this relationship to go before you decided to take it to that level? Or are you just in it for the short term with no commitments? If its just a "hey we're together having fun with no ties" kind of a thing then why care about his gay mannerisms? I think whether or not you remain with this guy the mannerisms bother you. So why are you wasting you time?

I think you're worth so much more.

Carmen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.