Very DISAPPOINTED at cathe.com Customer Service.

Hi,

I Know Cathe is VERY popular and I like her and her videos, very much. I Also, know I hardly post on this forum, I mostly post on Cathletes Cathe Friedrich Fans FB Page. With that said I hope I don't upset anyone.

However, I'm VERY FRUSTRATED & DISAPPOINTED at Cathe.com. a few days ago, I tried to order the 2018 Cathe Calender. It came up with a promo code of 20% when I buy the calendar and anything else, so I decided to buy her Pure Strength DVD. The total came to about $36.00 plus $13.00 for basic shipping and handling. I Enter the code and it say's it expired. I empty my cart go her link that has promo codes and come across 15% off everything when I buy two or more items from cathe.com and enter save15. I Buy the same two items enter the code and get it's not valid. I Sent an email 72 hours ago inquiring about this and got nothing. I called yesterday afternoon and was very polite because I've worked in customer service before. I was given the runaround and basically told to get lost!! A simple I'm sorry, let me look into it would have been fine. I'm sure/hope it was just pure chance. I'm from Jersey and get the "Jersey Attitude" However, first impressions are important, and it's a poor representation of her. I'm sorry, but if this is how her website and customer service treats people I can take my business someplace else get the DVD for less with free or less shipping and forget the calendar! I'm sorry but $13.00 (The least expensive) to ship a DVD and Calander from NJ to FL is nuts!! I just bought a diecast model airplane from Hong Kong and only paid $15.00 for Shipping. Anyway, I Hope I didn't upset anyone. However, as much as I hate to say it Cathe.com lost my business.
1f641.png

This is by no means to bash her or her web page, or upset people on this forum. However, it is to point out a flaw so it can be remedied so someone else in the future doesn't have the same experience I had.

Geoff

Last edited:
Hi AviationNut, the reason you're having an issue is the calendar coupon was only good until December 1, 2017. Hence, it will not work if you try to use it now.The special we did offer was only if you pre-ordered the calendar as we only order a few extra calendars each year as we don't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsold Calendars. Again, sorry to disappoint you but this special ended several weeks ago.

Hi AviationNut, the reason you're having an issue is the calendar coupon was only good until December 1, 2017. Hence, it will not work if you try to use it now.The special we did offer was only if you pre-ordered the calendar as we only order a few extra calendars each year as we don't want to get stuck with a bunch of unsold Calendars. Again, sorry to disappoint you but this special ended several weeks ago.

I'm well aware the calendar promotion/sale ended. However, a few days ago it was still up. When I put it in it said it expired on 12/15/17. However, you have up on the web page: https://cathe.com/coupons/ You have a coupon for 15% off everything with the purchase of two items. When I put it in for the DVD and the calendar it say's it's not valid.

The coupon was up on the page you mentioned, but it also had an expiration date of 12-1-17 on it. We also listed and promoted the Calendar coupon expiration date in over 20 Newsletters and numerous forum ,Twitter and Facebook Page posts. So we do our best to try to inform everyone of when a special ends. Calendars are also something you need to pre-order as we only order a few extra copies each year as once Jan 1st hits almost nobody wants a calendar anymore. This is the reason we have the special end on Dec 1st.

I'm sorry, but the 15% off coupon listed NO expiration and it only takes a few seconds to update the web page with the coupons. Heck, even airlines list the expiration and blackout dates on specials on the web page aside from twitter & FB. You just lost a customer, I'll buy her videos from other sources.

205 oFF CALENDAR COUPON.JPG
Hi AviationNut, the 15% off coupon is still active and can still be used by anyone, so there is nothing to update as we don't currently plan on ending this special. We also list our coupon expiration dates on our website too including our coupon page (see picture above) that you said in your previous post that you visited (https://cathe.com/coupons/). The reason you couldn't use the 15% off coupon on your order is that you only tried to order one DVD and you have to order at least 2 DVDs to use the SAVE15% coupon. The SAVE15% can't not be used on Calendar orders nor do we allow any coupons to be used on Calendars including all of the Pre-Sale orders. Instead, you can only use coupons on our DVDs and fitness products on ShopCathe. We do really try to keep everyone informed as best we can on our site, but it does have over 2 million pages, so it's best to subscribe to our free newsletter so you can stay informed about our specials and when they end.

Gosh Forum Admin - there you go again. In your attempt to explain something you come off defensive, wanting to be right and lacking empathy for a customer's frustration. I feel for you Geoff. Another business would just say sorry and see if they can get you that discount or the calendar. It wouldn't hurt much and you would remain a devoted customer. I love Cathe but I, too, have encountered defensive get lost kind of service from cathe.com in the past. what a drag. Forum Admin - maybe read up on the positivity ratio. I think you write your responses quickly to be efficient but end up inadvertently coming across as a bit harsh - at least you do to me anyway. just trying to help. And geoff. stick with cathe. she really is great. don't let customer service spoil things for you. there really is no one like cathe!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.