Very developed Traps

cindy_975

Cathlete
I have VERY developed traps....I look like a bodybuilder when in sleeveless tops and spaghetti straps. Thing is, I am not big into weights (some of cathe's weight routines are on my list after I finish Insanity). I was a swimmer as a kid, which is where I think it came from. Anyone have any ideas to minimize my big traps?

Thanks
Cindy

Cindy, I feel for you because I have them too, and call them "my manly traps". lol In college, the lady I worked for described me as "the girl with the big shoulders" to somebody when she couldn't remember my name! LOL

What has helped me is to totally focus on the muscle I'm working so that I don't pull too much trap into the move.....lateral raises, shoulder presses, barbell pullover (while lying on back on bench), even incline chest presses. TOTAL CONCENTRATION on the muscle intended to work and keep the traps out of it. That's what's helped me. Hope that tip helps you some!

Gayle

p.s. it took me a while to figure it out, but clothing-wise, the halter-top-style suit and tank look best on "my manly traps"! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.