Valentine's Day Gifts for Boys?

Afreet

Cathlete
Hey all--

So...what're you getting for your husband/boyfriend/significant other for V-Day?

We don't make a big deal out of it, but my SO got me a pretty nice present as a Valentine and I want to reciprocate. Something practical, something he might not think of for himself...I'm drawing kind of a blank so I figured I'd see what others were doing in hope of sudden inspiration! :D

I usually get mine some truffles . . . he likes to lounge in bed on the weekends with his coffee and TV and eat truffles. Sometimes I'll pick him up some other sort of "special" food. We have been together for about a dozen years so not much he really needs.

Another thing I'll do is get some nice food for dinner: lobster and filet or nice prawns, etc. He loves to grill and we are both "foodies" (can ya tell . . . ?) and then I get a nice bottle of champagne (which goes well with some of the truffles :p) and we stay in for the evening.

Once I got him 4 pints of Hagen Das ice cream in different flavors - yep, more food. I typically have decent food around the house so it is nice for a treat to do some of those "wants" but don't always "have's".

Works for us - not sure if that is what works for you two though. . .

My bf and I are foodies too! I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day and I called no gifts from the get-go. We usually do nice cards, cook dinner together, and get each other candy. This year I ordered him a box of Valentines chocolate-covered Oreos and sent them to his job.

Hey all--

So...what're you getting for your husband/boyfriend/significant other for V-Day?

We don't make a big deal out of it, but my SO got me a pretty nice present as a Valentine and I want to reciprocate. Something practical, something he might not think of for himself...I'm drawing kind of a blank so I figured I'd see what others were doing in hope of sudden inspiration! :D

Since V-day is our anniversary, I got DH one gift. I bought some new Asics for my favorite workout buddy! They are very good looking and he sorely needs them. :)

I am in the same situation as you are. My DH is really good about buying gifts for me and I have NO clue as to what to buy him.

I ordered/shipped a deep dish heart-shaped pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago. My hubby's absolute favorite gift to date!

We normally just do cards and perhaps a bit of candy for Vday, bc our anniversary is 02/27. We try to make sure we get good cards. DH and I are a bit "off" in the head, and one year he got me a card w/ a real (anatomical) heart on it!!! Love him:) And then there was the year we got each other the same card - the one with the dead rat on the front :p:eek: We are peas in a pod!

Nan

DH is taking me to the symphony, so we agreed no gifts since we're doing that. But I did get him a small box of candy. I think you can't go wrong with candy. I'm a firm believer that men LOVE chocolate (as much as we do) and if he drinks, I'd get him some cool beer or a bottle of wine.

Also, I think that guys like it when we buy something pretty to wear for them (lingerie). Though I don't do that anymore. :p

I love the idea Stacy had about the heart-shaped pizza!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.