Using a 6" step on LIC?

kathryn

Cathlete
There was a thread here a while ago about using a 6" step for LIC. The original poster questioned whether she was gettining a good enough workout using the shorter step height.

I had been using 6" for LIC, then yesterday decided to go to 8" (just doing the cardio premix). As I expected, the 'tap the step' moves were actually more challenging with the shorter step (because you have to reach down a bit farther), so to make them as challenging as that, I started to touch the step with a flat palm instead of just touching with my fingertips.

So if you are using a 6" step, don't worry about intensity, because you are getting more of a workout on those moves than if you would use an 8" step (unless you change to a 'palm slap' instead of a 'finger touch,' like I did).

RE: Using a 6

After reading your post, I said to myself, "duh".
When I did LIC this weekend, I kept thinking that the tap the segment was tough, tough. (I'm relatively new to Cathe and keep the step at 6".)
That makes so much sense as to why I was thinking "How the heck does Cathe expect me to tap the step every time??!"

Thanks for your post; it made me feel better about getting through the workout at my level!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.