Use a walker as a dipping station

janiejoey

Cathlete
Dipping stations run about $100.00 plus dolars and most of the time, way over that. I just can't afford it, so went on line for alternatives. One guy took a walker and used it as a dipping station. It was great, he did all kinds of exercises on that thing. Went to the second had store and bought one my self and couldn't be more happy. My dipping station cost $5.00 and it even folds up. It's suppose to hold about 250+ pounds. I looked up this walker on line, bran new, it cost over $200.

I feel so sorry for anyone who has to have one to walk and need to pay full price for one. Just not right! But, so grateful for myself to get a dipping station. Besides, it will become useful again, when I get more older and need assistant walking. :rolleyes: Let's hope that will be in the long future.LOL:D

Janie

Last edited:
That's awesome...I was just talking to my friend who is doing Body Rock workouts and she is thinking about buying a dipping station. I'll have to let her know about this.

Hopefully you won't ever need your new walker for anything but dips :)

I'm laughing picturing someone coming over to your house and seeing the walker, thinking that you are feeble and need it to get around, then you banging out a set of dips on it!

That's such a great idea. I always see walkers at the Goodwill. And I'd love to see the looks on peoples faces when they see one in the workout room hanging out with all your other fitness equipment!

Guess I should have also posted the site I used to get the idea. Here it is.

YouTube - Home made exercise machine to perform Dips.

DixieGirl, I absolutely love Body Rock; bodyrock.tv
I try to go there every day to see what else she has for us to do. She is awesome! A little problem when pulling up your legs and over the station, but it's easy enough to figure out how to do it. Just go over the whole station. No problem. Hope that makes sense. So make sure she gets a narrow one.

Kathryn, I've thought of that too. LOL:eek: I think I'll do just that! LOL:eek:

Jaffas, I know! Can't wait for someone now to come over! LOL:eek:

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.