UPS???

nancy sv

Does anyone here know anything about how UPS works? I have been wating for 2 weeks now for my new DVDs to arrive here in Taiwan. According to the UPS tracking, they sat at the airport in Taipei for 8 whole days, then finally made it down here to Kaohsiung. Yesterday morning the tracking said that the package was "Outfor Delivery". I took that to mean that it was actually on the truck for delivery. Well, it never made it, and this morning (26 hours after they originally posted that it was "Out for Delivery", it still said the same thing. OK, I just figure that for some reason it didn't make it yesterday and they didn't update the site. Now - I just checked it again, and they have completely taken off the Kaohsiung part!!! According to the UPS tracking, it is now back at the airport in Taipei!!! Anyone has any idea what is happening???

Now I'm REALLY confused and a bit upset with UPS. Earlier today they changed the tracking to take off the Kaohsiung part altogether, now they put it back on, but didn't update the time/date at all. So once again it says that my package is "Out for Delivery" since yesterday morning!! They keep changing its status from "In Transit" to "Exception" and back again - it has probably gone back and forth 8 or 9 times in two weeks!!

I have always been very pleased with UPS in the USA,and their service was excellent in Ethiopia. This is the first time I have used them here in Taiwan, and I think this may be the last. This is absolutely unacceptable - no phone calls to let me know anything, their tracking is worse than useless, supposed to take 5 - 7 days and we are now on day 13, etc... I just hope they do indeed have my DVDs and will eventually get them to me....

Hi nancy
I feel your pain! I live in Saudi Arabia, although I got mine a week ago, I too had problems tracking them. In Saudi, we have to wait for a minister of the interior to view the DVD's to decide whether they will allow them into Kingdom or not, this took 5 days! They stayed in customs for 5 days with "exception" against them, they got to customs in 3 days for Cathe's place. I had no tracking information available from the 30th! i checked on the 3rd Feb at 8:00am and they were still in customs awaiting viewing, at 8:03, they arrived in the Van! figure that one out!

When I tried to call, I got nowhere either, you'll probably find the system is going funny, I know I switched from being in Transit to exception on a daily basis!
Haven't really helped have I, hope you get them soon!
Lynne :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.