Upper Body 2 week rotation help, please!

tricia

Cathlete
Hi all,

I am MOH in my sister's wedding on Oct. 3, and I want to really be efficient with these last 16 days of workouts. The gown is spaghetti straps and very fitted at the top, so I want to work my upper body correctly in these last two weeks. I'm afraid if I pick the wrong type of Workout, I could bulk and have a tight dress! (I am most concerned with my back and abs, not necessarily my arms.)

I have toned from doing STS for 3 1/2 months that ended mid-August. Since then, I've been doing mostly abs, cardio and more Yoga/Pilates type stuff. But I feel the loss of my weight work, and although my DH thinks heavy weights would be a bad idea, I want to do SOME weight work. (We agree to disagree on this!)

MY question to you all is this - should I be doing stuff like GS, Pure Strength, and Pyramids? OR would something along the lines of CTX Upper Body, Muscle Endurance, 4DS arm work, or even MESO #1 Upper Body be best?

Anybody with suggestions, please throw them on out there. Today I'm slated to do IMAX 2 and a Pilates ab/mat workout that is 25 minutes. I also have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, which I did yesterday and it had light arm work in it. (BTW - I have all of Cathe's DVD's.)

TIA,

I always see the most progress in definition in my upper body with BMAX and MIS. Both of these, upper body portion. Although I would definitley do both work in their entirety (sp?), I always see my upper body pop. I'd also add some Cardio Kicks and Imax s in there. So you could do....
Mon- Bmax
Tues - CK
Wed - MIS
Thurs - IMAX3
Fri - Yoga/Pilates
Sat -Bmax
Sun -Rest

Then the following week make MIS be your twice a week DVD. So start the next Monday with MIS, then keep alternating.......
Hope this helps!
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.