Update on my Brother

jdoll

Cathlete
Dylan got to call my mom and talk for 5 mins!:7 Every once in a while you can earn a phone call. Also i got a letter today. He says he can't wait for my cookin':D They had tests/drills last week and his platoon won best dressed and one of the physical fitness drills. He is running 8 minute miles and can do 98 crunches in 2 mins:7 He has lost 25 lbs:eek: already!! This week has been swim week and tomorrow he leaves for Camp Pendleton for a month where they do the fire arm training and it ends with the Crucible. He said that his knee is better!! YAY!! Must be all the prayers, good vibes and thoughts he is getting around here! THANKS;-)

jes:)

Awwwwwwww, Jes! I'm so glad that you heard from him and that he seems to be doing so well.:) I know how much you miss him and worry about him.

P.S. Where can I sign up for the 25 lb weight loss dealie?;)

Jes...that is great! I know you must be so proud of him! Sounds like he is doing good. Thanks for the update and he will continue to be in my prayers...:)...Carole

Jes.. he sounds like he is finding his footing there. That's great. He'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Very impressive!!! I knew he was going to do great. With you as a big sis, what did you expect? I'm glad his knee is better.

P.S. Leave it to Shelley to crack me up!:p :p :p

Thanks Jess... before he knows it bootcamp will be done, and he will be on to the next phase.... Bless his heart.....

Rhonda:7

Jes, thanks so much for keeping us updated!!!! It sounds like he's excelling even if he isn't enjoying the work.

We did marine corps style situps on Friday at bootcamp for 2 minutes, and 98 is about DOUBLE what anyone of the 40 participants could do!! Wow!!!

I'm very impressed with his report, and I'm so glad he could get an opportunity to call. I'm sure that made him feel SO MUCH BETTER about himself!!!

Thanks again for the update!!! Wahoo!!

So glad to hear your brother was able to actually talk to your mom. That had to boost his spirits soooo much. Thanks for the update & he remains in my prayers, too.

Jes, it sounds like he is doing good!! I am glad his knee is better!! I am sure he will do fine. DH is in Iraq and my son in law is leaving for Aphgnistan before I have my dh here for a visit. I remember when my son in law left for Bosnia, that has been a few years ago, I spent so much time watching the news not knowing if anything happened, it would would break my daughters heart and mine as well because this young man put a place there. I am sure he will be fine there!
I am just trying to help as I know it is hard having a loved one in an area that we know puts them in harms way for our country.
Take care
Diane Sue

Jes, I'm glad to know Dylan's doing great. He has accomplished so much in such a short time. Be proud, girl! That fire arm training sounds good. Not sure about the "Crucible". Did I say that fire arm training sounds good?:)

Hugs,
Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.