Update/Dad - Prostate Cancer

Reese777

Cathlete
Hi Everyone -

Feeling blue today.

Dad's latest PSA test came back at 581.65. I went to see him at the nursing home and he did not know me at all. Nurse at the center pulled my Mom aside and said that they are all pretty convinced his state of mind is because of the cancer going to his brain.

I know what is inevitably going to happen, but it's all so surreal!

(To top all that off, I decided to run on the treadmill to burn off some fat and stress, and the darn thing quit in the middle of my run....I swear I feel lately that I can't win no matter what I do!)

:(

i'm so sorry. my stepdad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer too. they caught it early and it is very curable the doc says, so we feel optimistic. i pray for your dad -- i am so sorry for you and your family.

next time your dreadmill quits, feel fortunate and go run outside :)

I am so sorry to hear that about your dad-I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. I am glad you posted to let us know you are okay. Just do me a favor and ask the nurses at the home if they have checked a calcium level on your dad? Patients with progressive disease can elevate their calcium making the patient seem out of it and disoriented. It could be brain mets but just check out that one lab value-it can make a difference.Hang in there!!
Lisa

{{{{{Reese}}}}} I'm so sorry you're going through this. I will keep your dad in my prayers, as well as you and the rest of your family.

{{{{{Reese}}}}} I'm so sorry you're going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs,
Belinda

More thoughts and prayers for your dad and you coming you way. So sorry to hear this. I hope that knowing others are thinking of you will help you through this tough time for you and your family.

Jean

I am so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself!

Reese,

I'm so sorry to hear this - I will keep your Dad and you and the family in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm so sorry. My mother in law having trouble with her lung cancer too. Her cancer spread to her stomach and they just drained 2.5 liters of fluid. It is sooo hard to see a love one going through this. I'm sending you lots of hugs and prayers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.