Unsure how to progress...

I have one and a half weeks left of the Intermediate Rotation and I'm not sure what rotation to do next. This rotation has been pretty easy for me and I really want to work myself. I was thinking maybe a strength rotation?

However, I have also been reading a lot on the forum about taking breaks. I don't feel worn out enough to do this yet, but maybe after a rotation or two?

Oh, I have many of Cathe's dvds and I am willing to buy more.

Thanks everyone!

I am pretty happy with my body, except for my abdominals. However, I know I can only fix that with my eating.

I have read a lot on the forum about people losing extra inches after doing a strength rotation.

I have done a lot of cardio over the past one and a half years and it was great for about a year (I lost a lot of weight). I started weight lifting about 7 months ago and got a lot of results as well. I just haven't seen any changes in a few months. I am 5'4 and 115lbs (in the morning :) ).

Well you have definately heard right. You can make amazing changes to your physique by incorporating heavy lifting into your routine. You might want to try heavy lifting while cutting back on the cardio a bit. That might shake things up for you and create some changes.

What does your routine basically look like these days?

I am just now rounding out the 3rd week of Cathe's Intermediate Rotation (March '07?). I did the step portion of step, jump, and pump today and then supersets. Before this, I did the Beginner Rotation (although I cut it short by about 3 weeks because it was just too easy.

I usually lift a little less than Cathe. I am going to wal-mart soon to buy a new barbell. With the one I have now, you have to screw on the weights and it takes FOREVER!!!

While I try to push myself when it comes to lifting, I'm afraid that I quit too early sometimes and could really do a few more reps.

Cardio, on the other hand, is very easy for me. I often catch on to new step moves on the first try. My heart rate gets fairly high, but I feel that if given the chance, I could just keep doing step for hours. I try to incorporate running every once in a while, as it's something new and really makes me work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.