Ultra sound ...

runlikeagirl

Cathlete
Hi I was wondering if there are any Ultra sound techs that would know how long it normally takes to get results from a test? I had an ultra sound done last Tues to see if I have any Kidney stones and I still have no answers. :-( My Dr's office said it takes a week but when I had my test done the tech said a couple of days??

I am not in any extrem pain It's the not knowing that is bugging me.

Thanks Lori:)

Well...I'm not a tech but I do suffer from kidney stones. I've never had an u/s done for them though. I always have had either a Cat scan or just a plain old X-ray. I would think a week seems about right. I've had u/s for other things and the tech always says a couple of days but my doc always says, 'don't believe them it will take about a week.' I usually get my results from the CAT or X-Ray within a couple of hours.

Hi Pippa thanks. I had a CAT scan the last time. That was 3 years ago. I couldn't pass it I needed to get it "blasted". May be I will get the call tomorrow with the results. Everyone keeps asking if I got my results yet and if Im in alot of pain. I just want the answer as to why I have the dull pain...I am sure you know how it is.

Lori

Hi Lori,
I'm an ultrasound tech and the imaging center I work for gets results faxed out within 24 to 48 hours. Since you've waited over 1 week I would call your doctor for the results. Sometimes reports get set aside or misplaced, or your doc may just be behind in making phone calls. I hope you don't have any stones.

Maria

Lori,

I just went through this experience this summer...the tech told me immediately and the doctor gave me his take the next morning. Good luck to you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.