Ultimate New York Body Plan

The best tasting protein powder I have ever tried and still use is "GROW" by Biotest. It thickens if you let it sit for awhile and tastes like cake batter. Francine turned some of us on to this stuff a few years ago...it's wonderful.

Calories: 110/scoop
Protein: 20 grams
Carbs: 2 grams

It's protein sources are: Whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate and milk protein isolate. I get mine at:

http://store.supplementstogo.com/biotgrow20pk.html

Kat, Do you have David's Boot Camp workout? I was wondering how it compared to his Cardio Sculpt?

Candi, thanks for the protein shake tip. I am not that picky, I am going to try to drink it down. I do think a great tasting shake is key if you want to make it a daily habit. :) Kat has heard good things about Gourmet Whey. I wonder if you can buy this at GNC?

Lori

Hi Kat and everyone else who is interested in The New York body plan.
As I stated before I did it for the 2 weeks and the meal plan was the true challenge. However I am not a person who can give up carbs for too long, so I am trying David Kirschs 6 week make over plan. It has brown rice and fruits and all kinds of foods I would miss if I had to give up carbs, Once I reach my goal, I am planning to continue on the eating plan with some modifications, for one I will give my self a day, sunday? To eat and drink whatever I want, if that means beer and hot dogs or wine and cheese or cocktails with what ever kind of accompaniment so be it! This way I won't need to cheat and will be able to stay in a life style of eating that is healthier.
I now crave exercise, I didn't used to but now since doing it for a while, it is neccesary for my sanity. By the way I lost 20 of the 30 pounds I wanted to lose 6 months ago and I'm in a plateu so that's why I am putting my self on this plan. I tend to ramble on a bit so if I haven't lost too many of you, thanks for reading.! and thanks for your support for the last 6 months. Anie

Anie, awesome job for losing 20 pounds! That is quite the accomplishment. Just 10 more to go! You can do it, by Summertime you will be hot!!

Well, I ran 2 miles today and just did MuscleMax. I had a protein shake after MM. It wasn't bad at all. It is AdvantEdge Whey Protein, Chocolate flavor, 13 bucks from Walmart. I mean it isn't delicious, but I can drink it. I mixed it with 8 oz milk instead of 4-6 like they suggest. Off to the showers.

Anie the 6 week plan sounds totally doable. Is that his Sound Mind, Sound Body plan?

Have a great day!!
Lori

I AM really fussy about my protein powder. I've tried all kinds and if I don't like it...I'm not gonna use it. I don't have to mix it with anything other than water for a great shake so therefore I'm not adding any extra calories :).

jk -- I don't know about that workout. I'll have to look into it!!

Lori -- I'm going to GNC today so I'll check out their selection of protein powders and let you know what I find. I want to order the Whey Gourmet online but need to get some new today and can't wait.

Candi -- Thanks for letting us know about the "GROW". I'll check GNC today for that, too.

Anie -- Where is his six week plan? Is that in Sound Mind, Sound Body? I'd love to use that as a follow-up to this!

I, too, plan to have one day a week where I can eat whatever I want once I finish this plan. I have several friends who do this and it seems to work very well for them. I have to say, if I weren't getting such amazing and fairly "instant" results with this, I'm not sure I'd have the motivation to continue. But I can't argue with the changes in my weight, body, skin, and energy level!

BTW, I lost another pound -- 8.5 total so far!! Wednesday will be a week!! I'm almost halfway! :p

Thanks again, everyone, for your well wishes!

Kat :D

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here, but I was under the impression that losing more than 2 or so pounds a week was unhealthy and generally tended to be made up of water and was difficult to maintain?

I thought that, too, and generally I think that is correct. I think the challenge with this kind of plan is continuting to eat in a healthy fashion once you are finished with the two weeks. If I go back to the way I was eating before this, I know for a fact I'll gain every ounce I've lost back. The difference here is that I do not intend to EVER go back to the way I was eating before.

He has a story for every day of the program outlining someone who has done the plan and almost every one of them have maintained their weight loss.

As I said before, I'm just looking at this as a jump start to a new way of eating and learning to be more aware of what I put in my body. I'm beginning to see that food is not a "reward", it is a fuel. That's huge for me.

So you are correct. I just needed a good kick in the pants to change my ways and this is doing the trick!

Kat

Kat,

GNC may not have the GROW because it was recently reformulated and difficult to get. Just wanted to mention that to you.

Great job on the weight loss, BTW :)

I just got back from GNC and ended up getting the Designer Whey (which I've also heard good things about). And as a bonus, it was on sale! Yay! $18.74 for 2 pounds. I think it's normally $24.99.

90 Calories
2g Carbs
1.5 g fat

The protein powder I WAS using was 15g carbs so this might make a bit of a difference!

I just tried the chocolate peanut caramel and it was quite yummy, I must say! I usually just get chocolate flavor in whatever protein powder I'm using so this was a nice change-up (of course I got a jar of the chocolate, too!). :9

Kat

Kat, great job with the weight loss!! Your protein shake sounds great. I am glad you found a good one.

How many grams of protein does it have. Mine has 20.

Have a great day, and keep up the good work!! You should send your success story to Kirsch when you are finished! :)

Lori

Oops! I left out the most important part! 18g of protein. The directions recommend 1-3 scoops but I'm just using one right now. I guess if I really needed to up my protein I could do one and a half scoops. That would still be in the range he recommends.

I'm down another half pound this morning. I couldn't work out yesterday as it was (and has been) so pretty here and I had to work in my yard tilling and digging out rocks and planting and whatnot. I figured five hours of that constituted a good workout!;-)

Did the full hour and a half this morning. Now I'm off to work a double -- FUN!

Kat

Well, I hit the ten pound mark this morning!! Only six more days to go!! I'm still feeling great, too! I'd love to lose maybe five or six more pounds but I'll be happy if I don't even lose anymore.

I've been checking out BFL and this looks like it might be great eating plan as a follow-up to all of this. I still intend to do David's maintenance plan at first, though.

Anyone else do the BFL plan and like it?

Thanks!
Kat

Kat, awesome job!! WOW!! I am glad you feel good!! I am sure you look good too. :)

I haven't done BFL in a long time. I should do it though!! I need to do something. My workouts are great, I eat pretty healthy, I just go overboard on the calories a lot of the time.

Great job!!

Lori

I just read excerpts from this book & Sound Mind, Sound Body on Amazon.com. After reading the comments from those that have used it & those excerpts I decided to order both of these books.

I'm going to try UNYBP and then move on to SMSB for maintenance. I should have the books in a day or 2 because I live close to the B&N warehouse. I'll take pictures before starting & post them when I'm done. Can't wait to see the scale move!

Anyone have Kirsch's new DVD? I am not sure if I asked this before, sorry if I repeated this.
I kinda want to order but no sure. I love bootcamp style worlouts, a la Cathe style so I think I would like it.

I'm on the waiting list at my library to preview instead of buying right away.

Skye

FitnessGoddess -- Keep us posted on your progress once you start. I'd love to see someone else's results!! I've been incredibly pleased with the food plan, the workout plan, AND of course, my results! It's not too difficult for me which continues to surprise me. All my friends are surprised, too, that I'm sticking with someting for a change!!

Skye -- I want to get the DVD, too, but am having to wait. I've tried to find it on eBay but the price keeps getting too high. I think I'll order it from Amazon after I get back from my long weekend away next weekend. I'll have to see if I come back with any money! }(

Kat

Hi, Kat: I've been following your progress with great interest and am hoping for an update. Did you make it the full 2 weeks? Have you kept your awesome results? Your story is very motivating, so I'm hoping to hear more. Thanks!

Kat, how are you doing. I was on vacation last week. Did you finish? 10 pounds is awesome. Update us please. :)

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.