TV Series "Starved" - Take action now.

RE: TV Series

Wow, my bad -- Did not mean to write "reality" tv as in Survivor/Bachelorette, etc.

Point = Go to the site, take action and write a letter if doesn't suit your fancy.

Otherwise, if it's your forte, watch it.

There are plenty of shows out there that use mental illness as entertainment. Starved involves eating disorders. Another one out there that is the same is "Celebrity Fit Club". They all have eating disorders and that show is a Reality Show...anyone trying to get it off the air?

For the record, I think Starved is pretty funny. I find it refreshing to have something on tv that is NOT a reality tv show...nice change!

I've been watching this show, and kinda liking it. It is a dark comedy about four people with eating disorders, but anyone who defines it as just that has obviously NOT seen the show.

While each episode has a comic thread to it, each one also peers into the characters lives to give a glimpse of what the real problem is. As many of us know, eating disorders are really not about the food, but usually deeper. The episodes that I watched all ended with that "something deeper".

As others have stated anything will offend somebody, if you don't like it, change the channel.

ETA - It may be helpful to actually read the synopsis of this show that's on the official site. The creator, Eric Scaeffer, has drawn on his own food addictions in creating the theme of the show.

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/starved/main.html

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.