Turning 30

anderson

Cathlete
I just turned 30 today and I don't know why but turning 30 has really been a big deal for me. I think maybe it's because I'm not 20 something any more. Anyone else freaked about turning 30 or am I'm freaking for no reason?

I am freaked out about turning 60! You will get no sympathy from me. But enjoy your birthday. I think my 30's were the best time of my life--40's were great also. Absolutely nothing you can do about it so just enjoy yourself.

A very happy birthday to you!

If you're a fan of Christina Aguilera, you can now call yourself either 'Dirty 30' or 'Flirty 30' whichever way you're inclined :p I was where you are 4 years ago and honestly for me it passed quite uneventfully. I was just grateful for the small things.

Those birthdays with a zero in them can be quite daunting. Almost everyone has that experience at some age. It's a good time for self-reflection. Ask yourself where you are in terms of where you thought you would be at this age, and think about whether those goals still make sense for you, and what you think is best for you now. Don't be too hard on yourself though. Remember that the process of reaching your goals is just as important as the goals themselves. Most of life is a process, and it's important to enjoy the process. Happy Birthday!

Totally understand how you feel, it's an adjustment. Don't let it get to you for long. My 30's have been my best years yet. You really stop caring so much what other people think in your 30's. Start to really take stock on your dreams and aspirations. I will turn 40 in February and I'm so excited because now I will be the youngest in my age group for races! :p:cool:;) I also plan to do 40 cool things next year that celebrate being healthy, happy and active.

Once you get past the initial shock you'll do great! Happy Birthday:D

Happy birthday!

Turning 30 didn't faze me in the least...in fact, it was one of my best years ever! I think it's all about attitude...that is, living life to the fullest and not getting hung up on numbers. I say, celebrate the milestone! :D

Happy Birthday and Congratulations!! My 30s were also my BEST years so far. I became wiser, more fit, earned more money, had a family, became closer to my siblings, became more confident. I would never want to go back in time. I am going to turn 40 in December. Bring it on! The best is yet to come.

Happy Birthday! I agree with the other posters. It only gets better! Yes, I had a hard time turning 30, but life has become sooo much better in so many ways! I think people (including myself:rolleyes:) get hung up on the number. I was much wiser when I turned 40!:D Hopefully you can get out and celebrate this special day!

Here's wishing you many more!

Julie :)

Happy Birthday Anderson!!!

The 30's are good, the 40's are even better and turning 50! (I did a few months ago) isn't so bad either!!! So enjoy your 30's while they last......

Working out with Cathe will make you feel and look as young and you want to be! Hang in there....It's not so bad.....:eek:

Those birthdays with a zero in them can be quite daunting. Almost everyone has that experience at some age. It's a good time for self-reflection. Ask yourself where you are in terms of where you thought you would be at this age, and think about whether those goals still make sense for you, and what you think is best for you now. Don't be too hard on yourself though. Remember that the process of reaching your goals is just as important as the goals themselves. Most of life is a process, and it's important to enjoy the process. Happy Birthday!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

A-Jock

Happy Birthday and just enjoy your 30s!!! I must say the older I get, I don't get negative feelings about my birthdays. Actually, I will be 55 in a few short weeks, and I can still say that I love the age that I am at. My oldest child will be 37 in a few weeks and my youngest is 9 years old. Life has been busy with ten children. I think that keeps me young. My 40s were a fantastic time in my life. My 50s have been really good so far!! It is a little daunting to think that in 15 years I will be 70 though. I guess I will live in denial about that one!!!

Have a great birthday. Just reflect about how much better your 30s will be!!!

Cheryl

Happy Birthday!!! When I turned 30, I began my own little tradition of embracing the decade and setting a goal for myself. I guess 30 seemed like an age that was "grown up"- my kids were still in pre-school but I was very wrapped up in being Mommy and helping form my kid's work ethic and foundation of morals. My 40s were about returning to me- getting back into shape and exploring career options and branching beyond my comfort zone. I turn 50 in a few weeks and am still formulating a goal for this coming decade.
As a previous poster stated, it is very easy to get freaked out by the zero- embrace this new decade with an attitude of gratitude for what you have learned and accomplished and use that knowledge to make the next ten years even better!!

My 30th birthday present was a positive pregnancy test. That was 24 years ago. Best. Birthday. Ever. :D

Seriously, 30 is so young. I am not sure why you are freaked out. I haven't freaked yet, and I just turned 54. Wow... where did the time go?

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the best years of your life because they are directly ahead of you!

Happy Birthday!!! Don't fret about 30. Someday you will look back and wish you were 30. It was my favorite age!

Truly every decade gets better! I just turned 50 and I'm fully expecting my 50's to be even better than my 40's. I wouldn't turn back the clock for anything. I like where I am now. Birthdays are just number and shouldn't define who you are. You get to chose the path you walk and where it takes you regardless of your age. Enjoy!

I'm 32 yo, I started with Cathe about 3 years ago. I completely get where you are now. When I turned 30 I let some things go which actually took a huge burden off of me. I stopped trying to be happy about things that I was not happy about. I stopped dating (not that you have to do that.) because it was such a drag. I stopped pretending that I was ok when I wasn't. I also looked back on every experience I had and realized that at this point in my life, I have so many more tools and skills to deal with life than I did in my 20s. There is no way I would go back. For me 30 was a release. Its also a reminder that life is a finite journey, so be sure to get out there and do what you want to now, do your races, do your heavy weight rotations, do the yoga, do everything!!!!! Don't skip what you want in an attempt to do what other people expect of you. I did and in retrospect I wasted time. Bleh!!! Wish I could get that back!

Btw, I read every post and all of the posters had great things to say and I am so looking forward to 40, 50 and beyond. I anticipate great things for myself. I see a graduate degree in my future, I see lots of races, I see lots of doms, I see yoga retreats, I see restoring my business to glory (the economy is going to pick up, I promise;) ) I see myself relaxing into my skin.

What do you see for you? I can tell you that I see great things!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.