Turning 28, and looking to make a change.

TATA2GOOD

This month I will be turning 28, and it woke me up to the fact that I need to get in shape and get healthy. I am looking for any support and suggestions on what Cathe videos are good for starting an exercise program. I am currently 265 lbs. and 5'7, my goal is to get to 145 lbs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

Well, first and formost, welcome to the world of Cathe!
Second of all, where would you consider yourself at as far as fitness is concerned? Have you been working out at all, or are you a beginner? Have you been lifting any weights, with maybe the Firm, or anyone else out there? It will just help us all if you can let us know your fitness level. then there are a lot of us out here that are great at giving advice, and a lot out here that are very good at coming up with rotations for the new videos that you choose to purchse. So you've come to the right spot, is what I'm trying to say. Just let us know where you are at as far as a fitness level goes and then we can go from there.

kathy

In that case I would preorder CAthes new workouts, the first two. They will give you a good base to learn on I'm sure, and then as you feel ready you can order Maximum Intensity Strength, Pure Strength, IMAX 2, the list goes on, obviously.
I think that when I first started Cathe I thought I was in pretty good shape, I was doing Karen Voigts Energy Sprint all the way through and was doing some Firms workouts that were boring to me, but they got the job done, or so I thought. They are good for Beginner/Intermediate I think though. But if I had the option now to do it all over again I would have ordered Cathes new dvd's and skipped the Firm. But that is just my opinion. I found the Firm boring, not everyone feels that way.
I hope that I have helped at least a little. If you would like you could order MIS. Just use much lighter weights than what Cathe uses. She gives great pointers in this workout and it's great workout on it's own and you can grow with it. For Step and cardio, you could start with Kick Punch and Crunch, but I think being that you are a beginner that you should wait for the new workouts for Step anyway. If you get Kick Punch and crunch, get the dvd, you can make up your own workout and do only the light sections and you can grown with it, plus it comes with Legs and Glutes. Once again, you can do what you would like and then grow from there. Either way, get dvd's, you won't regret it at all!
Ok, so that is all the advice that I can give you. Maybe some of our other people on this forum will jump in and tell you more. But for sure, get the new workouts, and then if you would like go with MIS/BM/PH dvd and KPC/L&G dvd. Both of those would be ok for a beginner/intermediate. Just use very light weights and adjust the workout to what you can do. If you are going to try those dvd's. You will see great results though from those two, that I can almost guarantee.

Kathy

Hi! Have you checked out collagevideo.com ? Or videofitness.com? Those are also great places for beginners to start, while you wait for Cathe to finish making her beginner DVDs.
Some names to look for in the beginner/intermediate exercise video arena are Karen Voight, Tamilee Webb, Donna Richardson, Gin Miller (Reebok).

Good luck!

You have youth on your side and a faster metabolism that us older women. Looks like you have lot of advice on exercise and I second that. But remember that a healthy lifestyle includes a healthy diet plan. Find a nutritionist who can help you to make permanant and healthy changes to your diet. Oprah.com has plenty of advice and Bob Greene does make a lot of sense. Order Transcripts of the tapes of Oprah's weight loss programmes especially those with Bob Greene. Buy his book if you have too. Cathe and Oprah were the two catalysts that helped me lose 45lbs and I am about your height and 12 years older!

I want to say thanks for all the advice, and I did order Cathe's new DVD's. I also checked out Collage and ordered a few videos. I also want to congradulate you on your success. Thanks again everyone.

I AM NEW TO THE CATHE FORUM, BUT I HAVE BEEN DOING CATHE WORKOUTS FOR THE LAST MONTH. I DISCOVERED HER ON FIT TV. I LOST OVER 50 LBS ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO. I HAVE KEPT IT OFF BY EATING HEALTHIER AND EXERCISING. I REALLY ENJOY WORKING-OUT!!! I STARTED OFF BUYING DIFFERENT WORK-OUT VIDEOS. I BECAME A BIG FAN OF DENISE AUSTIN AND THE CRUNCH VIDEO WORK-OUTS. I LOVE VARIETY. AFTER DOING CATHE'S "BOOTCAMP","MUSCLE ENDURANCE" & "POWER HOUR", I AM NOW ADDICTED. I REALLY FELT MY MUSCLES BEING WORKED. I AM CURRENTLY 140 LBS AND 5'8" AND I AM 27 YRS OLD. WHAT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED IS THE FEELING AFTER A GOOD WORK-OUT. NOTHING BEATS IT!!! KEEP WORKING OUT AND EATING HEALTHY AND YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOALS!!!

When I started Cathe videos, I was at the same level as you. I found Cathe's wedding workout video to be a great start. You have the option to keep your step lowered during the cardio portion, and there is another workout for a different day that is just strength training. Good Luck.

I am going to be 28 next week and I am looking for the same type of change. I have heard these tapes are awesome :)

Hi and welcome to Cathe's forum! It is a fun place to learn many, many things and improve your health.

I love BodyMax for a variety of reasons. It can be modified easily if you find it too intense as a beginner, it can be broken into 3 segments (cardio step, step circuits for legs, and upper body strength training), and it really works. This is the video I started out with and I was extremely out of shape at the time. I struggled just to get through the warm up.

I lost 4 pounds within a month after beginning to use this video!

Good luck.

Hello,
I have a question for you too. I have been working out using The Firm religiously for 1 year and 3 months, I have gone from a size 14 to a size 7/9. I am 5 foot 5, 140 pounds. I saw Cathe on Fit tv, and totally fell in love with her workouts, I haven't done any but I love the way she emphasis on weight training, which is my new goal.

What videos would you recommend for a person who is transitioning from an Advanced Firm believer to a Cathe trainee?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.