TTC check in October 7th

amhess

Cathlete
Hey ladies,
Starting the thread a day early since I have time and am awake.

Sorry so quiet, but I'm getting over this nasty cold that I've had on and off for about 3-4 weeks! It finally came to a head on Friday and I've been out of commission since then. Just doing what I can to stay awake and blow my nose!}( Lots of OJ and chicken soup. I've gone through about 2 boxes of kleenex too. Been bummed, b/c I just haven't felt like exercising and feel like a lump.

You guys were chatty this week!

Lisa - Sorry about your dog. x( I hope they can do something about it.

Melanie - Good job on the no Dew!

Morris - Thanks for the info on the Clomid. I'm still on the fence about it. May think about it more next year. We can't start IUI

Hi Jen and anyone else I missed!

Hi Anne! Thanks for starting the new thread. I hope you're feeling better! Don't worry about excercising when you're sick. Just take care of yourself and get better.

Ended up doing 5 workouts this week. Eating was not the greatest yesterday. Today I have a brunch and wedding recption dinner to go to so let's hope for the best. I think I'll do a workout this am before starting the day. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Lisa

Hello. I am still lurking. I'll be ovulating soon, but still on the fence about a 4th baby.

About the furminator, I've been thinking of getting one. I've heard great things about it. And, the couple that developed the product lives here so it's good to hear a local small company is doing well.

I've been looking at my Cathe calendar and feel compelled to use up my stickers. I only used 2 (two) of them in September (I did a lot of running/going to the gym). I got in 5 workouts this week, 4 of which were cathe- mis, B+G, BM2 and a BC premix.

have a great week and good luck to everyone.

hi everyone

i cannot believe it is monday. yuck! ds was up every 30 min all night. not sure if ti is teeth or an ear infection. dh is home with him today as i am working, so perhaps a trip to teh doc is in order. needless to say, i did not get up and exercise early, and i will not have time later, so i am down a workout this week already!! that does not suit my personalityx( x(

i am hopefully ovulated and on my tww. i felt very very uncomfortable all weekend - bloated and tender belly. my eating went well this weekend. i can count the processed junk i ate on the fingers of one hand. unfortunately, no change in body appearance or scale - hope that is b/c of the extra hormones.

lisa, hope you ahd fun yestedray!

anne, hope you are feeling better.

kristan, i can understand the dilema. i don't have 3, but it is still a big commitment and life change.

hi mel - hope you ahd a good week with the kids. back at work today?

hi autumn. where are you in your cycle?

back to work for me. bbl

Hi ladies!

I worked out 3 days last week. I"m back to the DVDs, as it's too cold to run outside now. It's so fun to take the summer "off" of them, when I start them again they're so challenging! I haven't really done any Cathes yet, Turbo Jam and Mindy Mylrea.

This week I work only 3 days. Yeah!

We decided to re-list our home. The realtor is very aggressive and motivated to sell. She's a single mom, and this is her sole income. She's confident she can sell by Christmas. There are a couple of things she wants us to update; she utilizes the internet to the max...providing virtual tours online. She seems really good. It looks like we will blow out the waterlines, but keep the furnace on at about 50 or so.

Kristan, I like your picture next to your handle name, how do you do that?

Morris, are you looking to lose weight? When I was on a true SouthBeach diet (no fruits or simple carbs) I lost 10lbs the first week, then about 3-4lbs/week until I reached my goal. It is super effective if you can stay disciplined.

Anne, so nice to hear from you. It really stinks to be sick! I"m glad you're feeling better.

WARNING, VERY DISCRIPTIVE:
Well, DH came home a day early. My mucous wasn't super thin and wet anymore...but we DID connect...you know what I mean! Anyway, the "egg" is ripe for a couple of days, right? I"m thinking it's just when CM is real thin and has a lot of pull, right? It was fun, neverthless. ;)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

melanie, maybe we will both catch the egg this month! so glad dh came home early. also glad you only work 3 days this week. are your otherday usually full of chores and such or do you generally have some free time? i am glad you are relisting your home. it will be such a relief off your mind if you just can sell it, esp before or around the holidays. i am looking to drop about 5 lbs or so. i am fine the way i am, at my pre preg weight, clothes fit, etc.... i just would like to shed 5 more. it is really hard, though i guess you are right about the disipline thing. exercise is easy for me to work in, though not today!! the diet had been going really well, but today was a bad one all around. fatigue, lack of workout, job stress, all equal a bad combo. i had 3 pisces of dark choclate, too much fruit, and 2 granola bars - i know, pathetic! i am trying not to obsess (as i can tend to) about 1 bad day. i can do a good workout tomorrow, eat well, and be back into it. maybe i should try to eliminate fruit from my diet, even for a few days. that is my major weakness.

how is everyone else doing? maybe we should have a fruit free day tomorrow for a challenge. anyone in?:) :)

I'm there with you ladies in hopes of catching that egg. I'm actually in my 2ww. We only got 1 good day in pre O and a day after, so not much high hopes for this month, but you never know. I'm kind of thinking since I'm sick, it's a no go.

Good luck to you ladies though!

Got GS legs in yesterday and Bi/Chest and Tris in today with a long walk. Eating not so great. Not eating enough veggies or fruit.

Melanie - good luck getting your house back on the market. I hope it sells soon for you. 2 payments, yuck! x(

Anne

Kristan - I understand the dilema. I've been there many times. Great job with the workouts!

Morris - I'm crossing everything for you that you guys caught the egg! I'm glad your week went well. Mine started off good then went for a really bad turn at the end.

Melanie - Can't wait to hear if you had good timing also! Hope your house sells real quick.

Anne - I don't think this month will be my month. I know I haven't even ovulated yet, but my schedule is so busy I don't know how I'm going to schedule in all that bding at the right time. As for you, all it takes is one sperm! I'm still crossing everything for you this month also!

I pushed my way through a workout tonight even though I was super tired. I feel good now, but I'm wiped. Eating was blah...need to start fresh tomorrow. Morris, I have canteloupes I need to eat before they go bad so I don't know if I can do the no fruit thing. Although, I did notice once I started on the fruits/sugar, it was easier to keep eating it esp. when I was stressed so I do need a challenge. Better get to bed. I'm pooped!

Lisa

anne, perhaps it will still work this month - like lisa says, it only takes one. hope you are feeling better.

lisa, try not to be so down on the month just yet. things have a way of working out - look at melanie's weekend;-) as for the cantalopes, i have one too, but luckily, ds loves them, so i cut it up for him. none for me yet.

i have had a good day despite another bad bad night. i took ds to the dr yesterday as he was so so unhappy, not at all like him! luckily, nothing major according to the dr. unfortunately, we had another bad night - from 1am on, finn was up every 15-20 minutes. i had planned to go for a run at 5am, but ds needed to be held, and dh was trying to sleep. at 8, we went out in the jogger - i ran 10.5 miles! i am sure i will crash hard in a few hours. so far, though, i have only had veggies, nuts, lean protein, and 1 small bowl of highfiber/no sugar cereal. also some peanut butter. i am feeling pretty good.

so, anne, melanie, and 1 are on tww. where are you, autumn? kristan, are you daring it yet? i must say, after the last 2 nights i am questioning my sanity;) but not too deeply. bbl

HI Ladies,
I am back from a vacation to the beach in MD. My DH, son and I went there to be with my mother-in-law. She is not good, and she found out that she has liver and pancratic cancer. She has about 6 months to live, and that's IF she does chemo. If not, who knows. This is horrible! I try not to think about it, but that is near impossible!

Anne-I can't shake my cold either-it's been a few weeks now!

Lisa and Melanie-good jobs with the workouts! Wow!

Morris-My DS is 2 1/2, and he started waking up at 4:00a.m. ready to party. I have tried EVERYTHING!!! I am so tired now I could pass out!

Melanie-I wish it would get cold here in PA. I have had enough of the summer weather. I am ready for fall, my favorite season!

Kristin-nice to hear from you.

I am currently one day late. No, I am not getting my hopes up, but I thought I'd share that. It could be the stress of finding out about my mother-in-law. I will keep you updated. I've taken 2 tests, and they were -. the last one I took was yesterday. I will not take another one for 2 more weeks (do you know how hard that is????).

Well, DH is waiting to watch Grey's Anatomy on a DVD. I am off to watch that and to get some sleep after that.

-Jen

Jen - I am so sorry about your MIL. How is your DH taking the news?

Morris - Wow, 10.5 miles! I'm so impressed. Sorry about the lack of sleep. Hope you got some rest.

Hi Melanie, Autumn, and Anne!

I'm heading out soon. The traffic is awful this morning. I ate okay yesterday. I did eat a bunch of black grapes though. No workout yesterday, but tonight I'll be doing GS CT and cardio of some sort. DH will be gone on a trip while I'm ovulating so I don't think this will be the month. I'm on CD11 and I usually o on CD15-18 and he'll be gone from Sun-Thurs. Better get going. Happy Hump Day ladies!

Lisa

"Hump Day", is that referring to sexual relations? Ha Ha! I just couldn't resist! :D :D This IS a TCC Check-in!

Jen, that's just awful about MIL. How's your DH doing?

Morris, I too am impressed about 10.5mi! Are you sore today? Is your wee-one doing better? My baby Jadon has a sore throat. :( Tugging on his ear a little too. :( I have to study your CD11 and other lingo. I feel so TTC-terminology illiterate!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Where has the time gone this week? I am so behind. Yikes!

Anne, I hope you are fully recovered.

Lisa, great work getting in 5 workouts!!!

Kristan, I go back and forth about #3. I am in the "lets go for it".

Morris, your discomfort and bloated feeling sound promising... that sounds terrible to say but you KWIM. Do you have ultrasounds to monitor follicular development?

Melanie, that is great news about your mucus. :) Oh the discussions we have on this thread. :D

Jen, I am very sorry about your MIL. How is your DH?

Well, I never got in my 5th workout last week. I have 4 workouts in this week... one scheduled for tomorrow. I am doing Barry's Bootcamp. I wasn't fond of it when I first received it so it sat. I'd get it out... try it... put it back. BUT, this time I am enjoying it. That is why I don't get rid of workouts I don't like... my exercise taste changes.

I am approaching ovulation... no mucus yet... but it is on its way.

I have been watching the Micheal Devlin case unfold. Shawn was abducted from a nearby county. One of my colleagues know Devlin and his family. Anyway, my heart breaks for those boys and their families.

Well, I need to get dinner going. TTYL!

hello everyone

i am so glad wednesday is almost over! the only bad thing is i have to work the next 2 days. my attitude needs some adjusting this week i guess.

jen, i am so sorry about your mil. i hope you all are finding comfort in each other.

jen, my fingers are crossed for you. how are you feeling?

melanie, how are the mountain dews going? what workouts are you doing these days?

lisa, i did c and t today too - love that workout! i might go back to endurance workouts next week as this is my 3rd week on gym styles. not sure yet.

autumn, hope your mucous comes soon;-) what is bbc compare to for cathe? i only have cathe dvd's

well, i had a 2nd fruit free day. well, 1 tiny half an apple, but nothing else!! i feel pretty good, though this afternoon i got so hungry - i felt totally empty. i snacked on some peanut butter, snap peas, and hummus. it helped. for dinner i had sushi with brown rice and some steamed veggies. i am ready for bed. i did another long run today and felt good. tomorrow is my long work day, so i am not at all sure i will be able to stay fruit free. hopefully, though, i won't eat any preocessed junk. anyone else have a harder time with diet while working? any tips? i suppose i just need to commit to it. urggg.

hope everyone has a g

Autumn - So sickening hearing about that guy Devlin. I'm glad he has no chance for parole unless he lives past 100. Good luck catching that egg and have fun!

Morris - You're doing great this week! Wish I could say the same. I did do GS CT last night and loved it. I'm hoping we get the Cathe dvds soon! Work makes it hard for me to eat well too. When I'm at home, I'm good, but when I go to work, the stress can get to me and I just want comfort in the form of chocolate or something!

Melanie - You're too funny!

So eating yesterday was absolutely horrible and I felt horrible. Today is good so far. I'm going to do cardio today. Maybe one of the step workouts. I'm so sad hearing all this news about school shootings. How is everyone doing?

Lisa

Morris, I am not sure how to compare BBC to Cathe. I really like the ~20 minute non-treadmill cardios. They are a nice change. I have serious DOMS so it is good this week. I get bored fast so next week may be different.

Lisa, yeah the Devlin thing is very sick. I really have no idea how Shawn's parents held it together as they did and spoke at the hearing thingee.

This is our time of the year so who knows. I am ok either way... though sometimes I think I am trying to convince myself.

lisa, i am sending good day vibes your way!! sorry things have been so stressful. i too am excited for the new dvd's for a change of pace.

autumn, i hope you ARE feeling okay about things. keep trying to convince yourself things are okay, regardless. i do think that helps. i remember first hearing about the devlin case - makes me want to never let my child out of my sight. i hate that there are sicko's out there.

so, my day has been quite stressful, but i did sneak in an exxtra walk at lunch. ate lots of veggies and probably too amny soynuts (LOVE THEM!). also, i did eat one apple and 1 small plum and 2 dove dark miniatures. i know, all that sounds bad, but usually it is 4 times as much fruit. so that is progress, right? now when i am i going to see the scale budge??? running was my workout today, so that was nice. gotta run - bbl

You may not know this about me, but I NEVER watch TV (two exceptions: Despirate Housewives & Grays Anatamy). I watch the news about 10 times/year. I also don't read newspapers...so I have no idea who this Devlen fellow is, but he sounds evil!...especially if a wee-one was involved! It turns my stomach just listening to your comments about him.

It sound promising for many of us this month for "catching the egg"! Keeping my fingers crossed!

My diet is offically "over". I am eating lots better, far fewer Mt Dews (max 1 a day)...and I can go a day without chocolate. I DO want to detox soon. We'll see...

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Autumn - I know what you mean about convincing yourself. I do that all the time. I say I'm happy either way, but can't help feeling that pang of "why am I not pg yet" , "I miss having a little baby", and "I would love to add on to the family", but then I revert to, I'm grateful to having 2 wonderful, healthy, happy children and if that's God's will I'm okay...I think, lol.

Okay so I ate a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. Yes, work does this to me!!! But it was soooo good.

Lisa

mmmmmm - ice cream sandwiches:9 lisa, i was thinking about those today. good job, though, if you just had 1. i'd eat at least 2!

melanie, i am a definate grey's addict. i can never quite stay up to watch though - usually end up seeing it on the computer. it is good you missed the story about devlin. it is bloodcurling for sure. and that is great you can have moderate amounts of mountain dews. perhaps i will learn some moderation.

well, we are getting a big storm here tonight and tomorrow - lots of rain and wind. my dad will be in town for 2 days, and i am really looking forward to seeing him and having ds know him a bit better. dh is working all weekend, so it will be nice company for me too. happy almost friday everyone

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.