ttc and exercise

newlywed

This is my first post so bare with me. I am trying to conceive for the first time and don't really know what to do about my exercise routine. Do I continue as normal (ie. heavy weights, blasts etc) until I know for sure I am pregnant? or do I ease off a bit for those two weeks of the month where I am unsure if I am pregnant or not? This morning I did Kickmax with the blasts at the end. I was jumping up and down wondering if this is something I should even be doing.

HI there. I am prego with #2 and my father in law is an ob/gyn. You can continue to do whatever you do at all times. When planning to get prego you should never stop anything, it doesn't matter if you are or aren't. Same goes for alcohol and sushi. You don't know if you are or aren't, those things aren't going to harm you in anyway especially that early. There are many of us that are further along and still jumping up and down. Ask your doc, he'll tell you the same. Both my doc and father in law say the same. I wakeboarded for my first 4 months with Hannah. I'm sure plenty of others skiied and enjoyed other hobbies of theirs. I also rode on a tube on the back of our boat on my tummy when I was prego with Hannah and didn't know yet. You don't stop living when you are trying. The only time you should ease off is if you are very high risk and doctor's orders....hope this helps.:D

Mommy to Hannah Lilly born 3/25/05

Congratulations on ttc!!I am pg with #2 and I did not modify my routine at all. The funny thing is with both pg's I would get VERY tired and I was unable to get through my routines early on. (that is how I knew I was pg.) Your body will let you know when it is time to slow down. Keep us posted.

Thank you so much for your input. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I hope to be joining you all as a preggo soon.

Newlywed,

That is the same question I wanted to ask.

I am also trying to have a baby.

3 days until testing

Good luck,

Kathy:)

Best of luck to you Kathy. You should be testing today?

I don't think I'll need to test, Pre-AF symtoms started today.:( Oh well onward to month 5. I think I'll drown myself in an IMAX 2 or Bootcamp.

Jeannie

jeannie, don't give up yet, until you are sure!

we did hormone injections for my cycles, and i knew the first time it didn't work - i had such bad pms! second cycle, i swear i felt the same, was so bummed out, until that test came back positive. please keep us posted. sounds liek you attitude is great though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.