Trying to Fit Yoga in Wed Snow Day Feb 14

Goodmorning ladies,

Today's workout will be Seane Corne's vinyasa flow.

Meg - Yesterday's freestyle sounds awesome. WRT the cardio - I have let my cardio slack in the last few months - I actually like it alot - but developed some lower back and shoulder pain - and I just felt that I needed more pilates and yoga. My pilates instructor coaches alot of restorative work - and I also take a restorative yoga class on Monday nights. The combo of the two has worked wonders.
I am now wanting to slowly get back into cardio - the idea is a bit overwhelming as it has been several months. We had 15 cm overnight - and expecting another 10-15cm...

Lora - keeping my fingers crossed that the job will work out. If they are asking for references - that is a great sign.

Jen - The title of your workout dvd has me rubbing my backside :+
It sounds amazing. Can you tell me how you decided on the mix of your workouts - and how you put the rotations etc together... You have had excellent results and would very much like to know your secret ;). I really need to tone up and lose the last 10 lbs - Thanks for your wishes.... the wedding will be fairly large.....a la "my big fat greek wedding"....Truth be told - we would have loved to run off to the Bahamas - but knew we would have disappointed our families... We are both from large families - and the size of the wedding is unavoidable. I am stressing a little bit - but really enjoying the planning.

Hi to Janie and Tammy.

Have a great day ladies,

Yve

Morning Ladies-

I did Muscle Max and then about a half hour or so of Rebecca Small's Step Revolution (learning this and did on the lower step so intensity was very low). Step Revolution was tons of fun. I only got a bit lost in a couple spots. I learned 3 combos and repeated a bit. I think this is one of my fave's so far. I also did Yoga Synthesis 2 for 60". Total weights and aerobics was just shy of 2 hours and I burned around 519 calories.

We got a ton of snow here and it's still coming down. This weather sucks.

I think I've got to start doing some shorter yoga practices if I'm going to continue this daily thing, as I'm starting to burn out. I find myself wishing my workout would just end......and I even fast forwarded thru a few poses I didn't really want to do today. I'm in a bit of a "mood" and I don't know why.

I'll be around...........got to go fold laundry.

Meg - No Eion???? Poor Eion. :(

Yve- congrats on your big wedding! I know what you mean ....my DH and I only had the immediate family at ours.......but mostly because we had no money to have a big one.

Hi all! There's capital E-V-I-L }( food coming my way right now. DH is picking up Italian, and of course, since I am the one that called it in, I should confess, I ordered dessert, too. Gilad's WO came in, but I am not sure if I will get to it tonight....I feel my WO quickly slipping away. I ordered Hip Hop Abs today. (BTW Lora, excellent comments on the OD thread today-I agree w/ you totally.) Good God, someone please take my plastic away from me!!!!!! I got the shipping notice on the first of the other TJ WOs I have coming, so it will be here soon!

I'll try to be back later...gotta go try to sneak some kind of WO in, even if it's only 20 minutes.

Jen

HI again! Italian was EVIL as I thought, but I only ate 1/2. I did WO tonight. I did Quick Fix Cardio Kick all 3 segments (30 min.) wearing 1/4 lb weighted gloves. I followed it with Killer Butt floorwork only, using 5 lb ankle weights.

Yve-I know, great title on that Killer Butt DVD!!! Sounds like you can get one just by saying it! I am actually not doing a rotation right now, but I guess if I was it would be called Cardio Cramming. I've never done this much cardio b/c I can't stand it. As much as I hate to admit it though, I thin it has accelerated my weight loss over the past two months. DH & I were working out together and typically doing heavy weights until about 2 wks ago when he injured his back. He just made up his mind this year that he wanted to start exercising. No idea why after so many years of bad eating and sedentary living....but I am glad. He should be all better by the weekend and ready to join me again...which means I will go back to heavy weights again pretty soon.

Lora-Wow! You continually amaze me with you WOs! I don't think I could lift a finger after Muscle Max!

Megadoo-Do you usually listen to your iPOD or are you watching TV while on the TM? I bet you did burn 544 during all those miles! I wanted to ask you...do you think you will be doing P90X this year? I would like to try it later this year since I missed the January group but wanted a workout buddy to check-in with. If you are planning on it at some point, I thought we might start at the same time. So, what can I do to convince you? (No pressure :) :), ha! ha!) I guess I will put this question out on the Open Discussion to at some point, just to see if people are still interested. It seems like some of the ferver is dying down, but I guess there will always be fans of this workout.

Janie-I am also interested in your take on Creative Core Abs. I have it in my Netflix queue.

Hi to Tammy if you check-in later!

Jen

Jen- I would love to do P90x, but I don't have it. I hope to get it, but I got to check out the price. If I get it, and you haven't started yet, I would LOVE to check in with you.
I usually do the IPOD, but today I did do TV. I watched Golden Girls, then did the music videos channel.
Good WO, and good job only eating half your meal!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.