Trying to Fit Yoga In - 10/18

HipChick

Cathlete
Good morning! I'm not sure where Lora is so I guess I'll get this started today.

Last night, I did Yoga Journal's Yoga for Stress Relief Stress Prevention practice, followed by meditation on my own. Nice & relaxing! Well... all except for Skippy thinking I was going to play with him since I was on the floor - LOL! This morning, I did CC#3... ended up on the TM for 45 minutes & got in a really nice workout. Tonight, I think I'll do Hemalaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living Daily Connection (the 60 minute practice) but that's subject to change. I'll either do that or pull out a Baron Baptiste. I'll try to pop in tonight & let y'all know what I ended up doing. It's been so nice fitting in these yoga practices while my DH has been having these meetings. I hope I can keep it up next week while he's home during the evenings.

Lora - Where are you? I hope you're okay & have a chance to check in later...

Yve - How was dinner last night? Did you go anywhere special? Do you have any other yoga or pilates classes planned this week?

Jen - My new DVDs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow too! Now I just hope that my resistance bands arrive in time for me to start doing them next week. About that KPC premix, I didn't finish it so I'm not sure what I think about it. Once I realized the cardio wasn't going to end, I stopped the DVD & started L&G. So I guess I think there was too much cardio & not enough toning - LOL. You know me & cardio. You're the same way too, right? That rotation you're doing sounds awesome. DOMS every day, huh? Good for you!

Christine - HI! Have you been doing lots of yoga this week? Hope you get a chance to check in today!

Well, I better get to work for awhile. I should be around today so I'll peek in from time to time to see what's going on. Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Kick Box Challenge and Tae B Fat Burning Fat Blaster with the Amplifier Bar. I used the treadmill for the jumping and even did some punch/kick sequences on the Rebounder. Workout was 61" and I burned 542 calories. Really felt the punches with the Amplifier. I need to do these more often as the Amplifier is a good crosstraining tool.

I also did Pilates for Weightloss Bonus workout 15", 10 Minute Solutions Yoga - Yoga for Abs 10" and Yoga for Flexibility and Stress Relief 10". I finished with Ravi & Ana's Quick Fix yoga - Digestible You 10".

I'm late checking in....as I had to make a phone call and was waiting for them to open.

Kel - good to see you were able to fit yoga in. I know I need the stress relief stuff when I'm working. I usually fall asleep in savasan. I was actually planning on doing another segment this morning, but I dozed off at the end instead! LOL.

Jen - Funny Brookie was boxing with me the first 10-15 minutes of the DVD. She got all wound up and actually sat up on her hind legs to box. She's never done that before.....as that's usually her move when she tries to get me on the Rebounder! She's a trip. She disappeared and then I didn't see her until I was doing yoga and layed down on the mat -- and all of a sudden she was lying next to me. I guess your comment last night was accurate.

I'm going to finish my breakfast and go grocery shopping. Then, later, I have to make some phone calls and see if I can get a job at a grocery store or ANY WHERE to hold me over until I get a real job. So far, I've not had any luck with my interviews at Target or Penneys. I have no idea why these places won't hire me. I"m so stressed out over this job stuff. I can't take it any more.

Have a great day everyone. My Cathe DVDs should be here some time today !

Hi ladies! No WO for me tonight! DH and I are off tomorrow but we have to take Lenny in for treatment and we have our "real" (ie. not free-LOL!) IVF consultation. I am still sore in the hamstrings but there were no shoulder DOMS from yesterday! :( Guess I better heavy up when I get to them again next week! :eek: The Atlanta Cathe's are having a GTG tomorrow night to preview the new DVDs-can't wait!!! :) :) :) :)

Kel-LOL on the too much cardio Premix comment, yep I am right there with ya'! I think Netflix has that Hemalaya Behl workout so I can rent that one. What do you think of her teaching style? How hard is it? What's the music like? What style is it?

Lora-When I first read your post, I ran together the Tracey workout and the Amplifier bar (skipped the Tae Bo part) and (in a moment of panic) I thought OMG another instructor is doing workouts with that bar...I guess I better look into one of those! What do you think of Billy's Ultimate series? Is his cueing any better in the Celebrity Fit or Ultimate series? What about his ball workout-do you have that one? Did your Cathe's come in today? Just wondering what your opinion is on them...especially the music this go-around! Good Luck on your continuing job search. I am surprised you have not been hired on the spot! Meant to say the other day that the Temp Agency agreement sounds unfair-especially if they don't call you for awhile for a job...they shouldn't penalize you for declining jobs/signing up with someone else if they are the ones who can't find you work or the market is such that you really have to be signed up with more than one agency for the temping to be viable. I agree with Christine-if it works out well, it can lead to really good jobs that are a good fit. My DH was a temp for his company until they hired him and he's been with them 9 years now!

Hi ladies,

No workout for me again today.
I had to do a fair bit of running around today for my parents.. by the time I got back here - I was too tired.

Kel - Great workout today. Glad you enjoyed the SRSP dvd. Hw is Hemalaya Behl? I haven't heard of these. Yes - it is nice to have some alone time - isn't it. Dinner last night was nice - we ended up getting out quite late - so - we just shared some nice appetizers - and had a light dinner of shrimp bisque and a tomato/bocconcini salad. It was really nice.. just enough - especially considering the time. Tomorrow night I will go to restorative practice - and Sunday morning I will go to pilates. There is an ashtanga class on Saturday which I would like to go to - but not sure if I will be able to make it.

Lora - Great workout today. What is an amplifier? Hang in there with the job search. I know you will find something soon.

Jen - Good luck with your interview - so curious to hear how it went. DH and I have met with a geneticist.. Very informative - and the positive is that the odds are still in our favour - even with our ages. LOL about your post on dinner with the client. She is definately a chatter box... A very interesting woman who has lived an interesting life - But the kind of conversationalist who will answer questions without asking any of her own KWIM? At any rate - it was a nice night out. Dinner was nice - and light. Driving home was a different story - It got soo foggy last night.. it was like pea soup.

Christine - Hope you are having a good day.

Have a nice night ladies.

Yve

P.S. Got my Quantum ship notification today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.