Trying NOT to lose weight

I really want to clean up my diet and get off of the junk food, but I do not need to lose weight. I find that when I try to eat more clean, I end up restricting myself, not eating enough, and losing weight as a result. I'm not ultra-skinny, but when my weight goes below a certain range, I find I notice it in my face and start to look old and tired. :) Does anyone have any advice for good snacks or recipes that are nutritionally sound but not really low in calories?

WHat I have been doing is trying to eat only one dessert a week so I can still get a sweet in. and laying of chips and snacky foods and instead eat fruit in the afternoon. I also try to eat a bigger breakfast so that I am not as hungry during the day. but I still am full and don't lose weight.

Hope I helped:)

You might want to check out Prevention website. They have lots of good recipes you might like.

To help keep calories higher on anything while eating clean, just add some extra nuts or avocado and an extra slice of whole grain bread.

Eating Healthier

As a trainer, when I have clientele who want to maintain there weight but look healthier, I recommend adding flax seed oil to protein smoothies or flax seed meal to oatmeal and other cereals. Flax seed oil is a healthy omega fat that will also aid in beautiful skin and nails and also help with inflammation in the joints. You may also try incorporating other healthy fats, such as more avocados, more nuts, and seeds. Try HempMilk rather than regular milk, as dairy tends to disrupt the skin and make it look old and tired. Whereas hempmilk and almondmilk can actually aid in healthy skin cell production. :)

Also...

If you are interested in cleaning up your diet, but not losing wieght, I wouldn't restrict snacks to lower calorie, but instead make them more smaller portions of decadent foods. Such as making guacamole from fresh avocados and baking your own corn tortillas in the oven for fresh tasting and healthy chips and guac. Please your pallet so your don't restrict yourself, by choosing more natural satisfying foods. Try a tbsp of almond butter in your oatmeal with 1/2 a chopped banana, and a little agave nectar drizzled on top. These kinds of tastes and foods, please your pallet keeping you full longer, but also giving your body the healthy nutrients it needs.
Peace, Love and Healthy Happiness,
Jodelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.