True Indeed

L Sass

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday Cathletes. I came across these wise words from another forum and I thought I'd share. So often on these terrific forum boards I see folks who ask for guidance as they seek to drop pounds, saying they eat well and exercise, but pounds are just not moving as they would wish. I find this tidbit to be very true. :)

Too often people simply say “I am eating right/good” and they don’t realize this simple fact: if you are not getting results then you are not eating right.

If you are not getting results in fat loss, then no matter how good you are eating, it is not good enough for you in fat loss and you are going to have to take it to the next level.

This is just the way it is.

I have lost count of the number of times I have said those words to myself when I read "I eat clean but can't lose weight" posts.

Now, I am certainly not a nutritional expert and don't pretend to be, but years of reading nutrition books, making gradual (and now permanent) changes to my own diet, and seeing my blood pressure and cholesterol come down solely as a result of those changes, has made me realize that many people don't really know what constitutes "clean" eating or a "good diet."

Even I thought I had good, clean eating habits until my doctor put me on blood pressure medicine. That was a signal to me that my diet wasn't has healthy as I thought it was. Without changing my exercise routine, I started eating a truly "clean" diet and was off the medicine within a year. That was 4 years ago and my BP is still normal and my cholesterol has come down. And I dropped 10 pounds even though that wasn't my primary goal.

Last edited:
This quote is very true. I know it applies for me totally. I don't eat horrible but I know that I can clean it up even more and will get the results that I need for sure. Like everything else in life, if you want results you have to work hard at it but once you see the transformation it was all worth it. So what's holding me back? Obviously, is not being able or deciding to give up the daily Diet Coke, thinking that a McDonald's Southwest Salad is "healthy" and still getting Baked Lays at Subway with my sandwich (and Diet Coke). The weekends I have my "free" meal but even having that "free" meal can stall your progress. So yes, you may think your eating healthy but it's not going to bring the results you desire unless you "clean it up". Thanks for sharing this quote it got me thinking. :)

Tracy, when I typed that I also wanted a Subway sandwich, Baked Lays and Diet Coke - hee-hee. Yummy stuff, I must admit.

I read somewhere that we underestimate our calories and overestimate our exercise! I guess we need to reverse that to get results.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.