Troy Lite Barbell Review!

JulieannC

I got my Troy barbell today and I must say I am glad I ordered
it even though I have 4 others. The best part is the rubber plugs on each end of the barbell to protect your floor when and if the barbell is turned on its side. Its very compact compared to my other bars. Very nicely made. Let me know if you have any questions.

Julieann

julianne - did you order it through the mail? if so, was the shipping cost high? did you get any plates, too? thanks, suzanna

Yes I ordered through the mail at fitness1st.com. I ordered the bar and (6) 1 1/4 lb. rubber plates and the shipping was $12.63.
The plates are really great also. So you can get an idea I
live in MA and the company is in KS.

Julieann

RE: Troy Lite Barbell Review! Hi Julieann

Wow, I am so glad you have received your barbell :) . I 've been investigating this product for a while now, but was hesitant to order it from fitness 1st out of fear that it would not be a similar type used in Cathe's CTX. A few questions- Is it durable (i.e. of better quality then the body pump version, if your familiar with this type of barbell) 2) How long does it approximately measure? and 3) How does it feel when you use it in a actual workout, Is it comfortable?

Thanks for answering these questions in advance

Mishelle
Optimist in Action

RE: Troy Lite Barbell Review! Hi Julieann

I am not familiar with the bodypump version (I heard the quality was not so great) but the Troy barbell is excellent workmanship and very comfortable to use(more so than my regular ones). I was a little skeptical at first because it is only 5 lbs, I thought how durable can it be but it is very durable. It is 4 1/2 ft long.

Julieann

Good tidbit to know!

Julieann, that added info about the rubber stoppers is good to know...not that I need another barbell either..but it does have a feature my others don't have;-)hehehe

I do need extra plates though...hmmmm:7

I'm guessing the bar is hollow? And did it say what the limit is on how much weight the bar will carry?

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/springchickvfnutsig.jpg

RE: Good tidbit to know!

YOur bar sounds great! I ordered a bodypump one a few wks ago (still waiting for it) and now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. I saw them at the gym and thought they looked ok. Right now I just want SOMETHING so I can do my PS tapes I ordered!

I hope you enjoy your bar.
where did you order your bar from? how much was the total package ?

I hope you enjoy your bar.
where did you order your bar from? how much was the total package ?
thanks

i have been wondering what to do about a barbell and after reading your post. I went and ordered a troy

I chose it because of the quick snap and rubber covered plates.....
those two things figure important to me.....Your post nudged me just enough to help me make a decision.
thanks!

i have been wondering what to do about a barbell and after reading your post. I went and ordered a troy

I chose it because of the quick snap and rubber covered plates.....
those two things figure important to me.....Your post nudged me just enough to help me make a decision.
thanks!

price

Hi--I emailed Fitness1st.com. To have the $49 Troy Lite set (bar w/I think 45lbs of plates) shipped to my home in Arlington, VA, it's going to cost $25 or so. WHEEEEW. Wow. But you know what, I'm going to probably order it anyway, especially because the plates are "wood floor friendly" and since Troy has an excellent reputation. I have a Firm barbell which I find great for leg work but hard for upper body stuff. That darn padding on the barbell makes it tough to grip--crazy eights are hard enough as it is without that smoooshy barbell cover. haha. Suzanna

Question about the plates...

Is Troy the set that has the E-Z Lock system? (I think that's what it's called!)
Do they sell these in stores (if you know...)?
How long did you have to wait for your mail Order?
Which Cathe video are these featured in?

SORRY ABOUT ALL THESE QUESTIONS, I GOT ALL EXCITED ABOUT THIS BARBELL AND COULDN'T CONTAIN MYSELF!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO....
TRICIA

RE: Question about the plates...

They do not sell it in any store that I know of. Go to fitness1st.com. It took about 5 business days to get my order. It does not come with any type of clips, I just us the ones I already have (spring clips or whatever they are called, same ones Cathe uses). The barbell is featured in the new videos (CTX/CM).

Julieann

RE: Good tidbit to know!

It can hold up to 80lbs. I find the barbell more comfortable
because the bar is hollow so more of the weight is on the end rather than directly on the shoulders/back.

your bar did not come with clips?
i just ordered a troy set from Fitness First;
are sending me a pair of spring collars with the bar and plates... as part of the troy lite set.....

are spring collars the things that hold the plates on? are clips for the same purpose?
Did they just not send you everything you need?

I did not order the set. I just got the bar and 1 1/4 lbs plates
because I already have rubber plates in the other sizes.
I did not realize that the set came with collars (oops! I did not need them anyway). I love the clips but have never tried collars before (they serve the same purpose to hold the plates on)

Julieann

Many thanks to Julieann

Thank you, Julieann, for your review of the Troy Lite Barbell. On your advice, I went ahead and ordered it---arrived yesterday (along w/my PS DVDs, talk about a TREAT). I bought the $49 set (40lbs of weights plus the barbell). I love it--what an improvement over my Firm barbell. I can now get a solid grip when doing upper body work. The rubber encased plates are very easy on the floor. It can handle 80 pounds max, so I'll be ordering some more of those nifty plates. Best of all, the shipping charge was $15, not the $25 originally quoted. Thanks again, Suzanne

RE: Many thanks to Julieann

Hi
I have a general question--I have been doing the PS BBA and CST tapes with dumbells--I have been saving for a barbell. Would you guys recommend the Troy barbell as a good one to try? Any info is much appreciated! Thanks!
Hillary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.