Tried Ryka's N-Gage XT and like them

candi

Cathlete
Just wanted to comment on my new workout shoes I received from Zappos the other day. They are the N-Gage XT. They are not the high top N-Gage's I already sent back.

The upsides (for me anyway):

They run a little small, therefore the 5.5 fit my size 5 feet perfectly.

They are very light and have plenty of lateral and heel support. The toe box is not as big as some of the other Ryka's I've tried.

They have a velcro adjustment at the top of the shoe. I was thinking this might be really good for people with narrow feet as well as high arches because you can adjust the top of the shoe for comfort.

The downsides are:

The insoles are still not as good as what was in the Rhythm II's. I will probably buy some sport insoles to put in them.

The only color offered at the time I bought them were Mandarin/Gray.

I've been contemplating these for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the review, Candi. This may have convinced me. :)

Thanks so much for the info. I've been in search of a new pair of shoes for the longest time, and it has been very frustrating. Like many, I don't like the mid-height of regular studio shoes. I liked the Nike Shox Legends, but the heel was a bit wide for me, so they didn't work, either. I've been contemplating these for a while now, but didn't really have much feedback regarding their use for high impact.

I've also been directed to try New Balance (715s and 980s)- has anyone tried these?

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.