Traveling & Fitness

Tootles

Cathlete
I am leaving on Monday for a multi-month Europe backpacking trip. I think the only thing I'm going to miss is working out with Cathe! Does anyone have suggestions for staying in shape while traveling? If I have room in my backpack I'd like to bring a pair of running shoes and a resistance band. How have you guys kept in shape while constantly on the move?

Travel Fit DVD or Download

Cathe's DVD called Travel Fit is perfect for traveling. You only need a medium strength stretch band to do this workout. If you're not going to have access to a DVD player you can purchase the Travel Fit video as a download and keep it on your smartphone.

Turbo Barre on a download is also a great travel routine (even with no weights for the upper body work, and just using a chair instead of a barre).

But seriously, if you're going to backpacking for days on end, I'm guessing the last thing you'll be worrying about is staying fit! :eek:

Sounds like a blast, have fun!:D

Cardio core circuit doesn't take any equipment and would e another great travel video (although theres a lot of jumping, so not suitable for everywhere).

Have a time!

Trixoo said:
Cardio core circuit doesn't take any equipment and would e another great travel video (although theres a lot of jumping, so not suitable for everywhere).

Have a time!

I meant have a great time. :)

Hi,

If traveling I'd be sensitive to the jumping stuff. I'd also suggest Cathe's Travel workout and Turbo Barre are good ones. Also Cathe's boxing MMA workout is awesomne too. Another one I'd recommend is KCM's Body Toning workout uses no equipment just your own body resistance. If curious about it check it out on collage video. Happy and Safe travels to you!;)

Thanks guys! I already own Travel Fit, Cardio Core Circuit, and Turbo Barre on DVD and I know they're great, but I'm hesitating to buy them again as downloads. I will have to reconsider.

Thanks guys! I already own Travel Fit, Cardio Core Circuit, and Turbo Barre on DVD and I know they're great, but I'm hesitating to buy them again as downloads. I will have to reconsider.

Definitely get them as downloads. Be sure you take the right kind of charger for your smart phone or ipod (some play videos.) Depending on where you are going to be the voltage and shape of the electrical outlet can vary. Just be sure to pick up one of those packets at Radio Shack or Target for international travel. There is nothing so annoying as getting out of the country and not having a charger for your phone!

HIIT Pyramid is another goodie to take along. Slide and Glide you could take with you too, you only need firewalker bands and the gliders.

If you can't download, bring your laptop....unless you have access to a DVD player.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.