Trading Spouses

I think this show is on tonight and is suppose to have a fitness freaky mom on there! I can't wait to see it! Anyone else going to watch?

Charlotte~~

ETA: Oops..the show is "Wife Swap", not "Trading Spouses".

I usually don't watch it... but I might now that I know they'll be a fitness mom on (also, as long as it's not on at the same time as 24). How do you know she'll be "freaky," too?

Freaky? LOL! Just the way my son was going on about the commercial of it. They usually have very dramatic spouses on there so I figure this mom will really be like a fitness freak mom! Let's hope so. LOL~

Charlotte

I saw an episode, not sure if it was trading spouses or wife swap, where the one couple was "portrayed" as lazy and overweight and the other was fanatical about fitness. It was pretty funny to watch. Ya know they always try to pair opposites.

catherine

I have this on now. The Miss Fitness woman is swapping with an overweight couch potato. Should be some fun fireworks.

Two things always strike me about these shows: how many overweight kids there are and how obnoxious and disrespectful the kids are, thin and heavy alike.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I think the fitness mom really gave those kids a gift..they seemed like they were starving for physical activity and were so excited to be working out and playing sports. I hope they stick to it. So important for kids to be active. And maybe their mom will follow their lead. I like Wife Swap...it isn't like Trading Spouces where they have these really weird and extreme families. lol
Janet

I hope the California family learned that its ok to be human instead of perfect cyborg fitness machines with no emotions!!!!
Beth

I watched it.

As far as the fitness couple goes, I just had a problem with the father. He was an arrogant SOB who thought he was too good to follow the rules of the show. I wanted to smack him. That not showing emotion/don't cry thing really ticked me off too. His wife seemed pretty normal emotionally. She was just big time into fitness and eating healthy. I think though that they drove thier kids too hard. Didn't seem like they were allowing them any time to be kids/teenagers. That's not right.

The other couple, on the other hand, were far too easy on thier kids...no chores AT ALL!? Not good! As far as not being physically active...well, I guess most are not so that was no big shocker...The wife's refusal to actually COOK a meal was ridiculous though! Those kids literally LIVED on garbage 24/7! x(

Wendy,

I completely agree with you 100%. Don't have anything else to add except the fitness mom said she would never clean for 4-5 hours straight! WTH? Why not? LOL!

Charlotte~~

Don't have anything else to
>add except the fitness mom said she would never clean for 4-5
>hours straight! WTH? Why not? LOL!
>
>Charlotte~~

Well, for one thing, she has her DH and kids doin' all the housework! :eek: Forget spending 3-4 hours cleaning, I have a feeling she spends no time at all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.