Tracey Staehle KB sweatfest..anyone have it??

eaglobo

Cathlete
I'm on the prowl for a new KB workout to go along with KPC and KM, and want to try a new instructor, and have heard some decent things about Tracey's workouts.

Unfortunately, there isn't a preview clip on collagevideo to look at.

Any reviews here?

Hi Jerry,

I don't have that workout by Tracey, but have you checked out Amy Bento's kickboxing DVD's? Her form isn't always the greatest, but they're a lot of fun and you can modify some of the moves. I think that her older DVD , which is called Kickbox Extreme, is now available at Deep Discount, and her newest one, which is called In the Ring, is a lot of fun.

Hope this helps!:)

Hi Jerry- You should be able to view a clip at Tracey's website www.fitbytracey.com.

I have this workout and think it's a good solid workout. It really fries your arms. Some of the negatives that I've heard is that it is too repetitive.

HTH,
Jacque

I have this one, and LOVE it! Yes, it can be a little repetitive. But it is a wonderful workout that leaves you feeling completely spent by the end, as long as you put your "all" into the punches and kicks. Very effective.

I've got "In the ring" also, and it really hasn't clicked with me yet. Maybe I just have to become more comfortable with the choreo (which is definitely more complex than Cathe's). I'm hoping this is the case.

Jerry:

do you mean her Kickbox Challenge or her cardio sweatfest that includes kickbox? I have duplicate copies of Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest, her Core Conditioning and her Sculpt Sweatfest. If you would like them, as a gift, please let me know and I can send them your way.

Clare ([email protected])

Jerry:

Another thought. Have you ever tried any workouts by Kelly Coffey-Meyer? Most of her stuff is step-boxing, but not all of it. She's intense, has a certain no-nonsense style, and also has a tough Kickbox conditioning and a Bootcamp DVDs planned to film in the Fall. Check out her website and stuff at coffeyfit.com

Clare

Hasn't Tracey just released Kickbox Strike Zone? -- I mean just released it, as it's in the mail! You might want to hold off a few days and see how the reviews are on that one.

IIRC, Kickbox Challenge was a bit short and Tracey was obviously tired. She almost had a pained expression through the entire workout. Kickbox Sweatfest (it's really titled Cardio Sweatfest) was a better effort, but a bit repetitive. If you like drills, and lots of them, it may be just what you're looking for.

I'm afraid I got rid of both of them.

Diane

>Hasn't Tracey just released Kickbox Strike Zone? -- I mean
>just released it, as it's in the mail! You might want to hold
>off a few days and see how the reviews are on that one.

>
>Diane

From what Tracey has said on her website, the new Strike Zone won't be out for a few more weeks. (She's just shipped Core Zone and Circuit Zone, which look like a lot of fun!)

>From what Tracey has said on her website, the new Strike Zone
>won't be out for a few more weeks. (She's just shipped Core
>Zone and Circuit Zone, which look like a lot of fun!)
>

Oops, my mistake. Thanks for correcting me.

Diane

There should be a clip at Tracey's site to look at.

Sweatfest is better than her first KB workout (which was filmed when she was exhausted from filming previous workouts, and she looks it, which mars the workout for me), but I, too, find it to be rather repetitive (and I usually enjoy drill-type KB workout segments to work on form).

I think her upcoming KB workout (which is still on presale) looks like it will be the best. It's co-led by Josef somebody-or-other, who is a Body Combat (?) instructor. You might enjoy having a male instructor at least part of the time.

Tracey's KBSF kicks butt. It's very repetitive but it's one of the highest cal burners I own. And Amy's In the Ring is awesome--less repetitive, more fun, a few less cals burned but not much.

I think you need to get both. ;-) }( :p

Hi Jerry,

I have it and do like it. I havent' done it in a while, but it is definitely a solid workout. I've also pre-ordered her new Strike Zone workout which she be out shortly.

Have you tried any of Kimberly Spreen's Kickboxing workouts? I like hers a lot. Especially Kickbox Extreme.

Totally love it and yes you should like doing drills and you have to put your all in it. Love how it works my arms.

Didn't like that one at all. Repetitive & short. Amy Bento is top-notch though. Think a taller, blonde version of Cathe. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

I second the recommendations for Amy and Kelly. They are much more creative and produced more professional workouts, imo.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.