Totally Off Topic

heidi36

Cathlete
I'm lying here in bed ready to fall asleep when I realized my DD had a b'day party to go to this afternoon that I completely forgot about!x(

On Friday, I was diagnosed with a bad case of Shingles, being focused on that, I forgot to RSVP that we couldn't make it. This has never happened to me before and my poor daughter (7 years old) is going to be upset.

Originally, I RSVP'd that we could attend. I'll just have to call tomorrow morning with my apologies and embarassment.

I just had so much on my mind lately, it must have slipped my mind. Plus my doctor prescribed some pain medicine that I took this morning that makes ya kind of loopy. In addition, I'm in a wedding next month and concerned that this rash will not be gone in time.

I am so mortified:(

I'm lying here in bed ready to fall asleep when I realized my DD had a b'day party to go to this afternoon that I completely forgot about!x(

On Friday, I was diagnosed with a bad case of Shingles, being focused on that, I forgot to RSVP that we couldn't make it. This has never happened to me before and my poor daughter (7 years old) is going to be upset.

Originally, I RSVP'd that we could attend. I'll just have to call tomorrow morning with my apologies and embarassment.

I just had so much on my mind lately, it must have slipped my mind. Plus my doctor prescribed some pain medicine that I took this morning that makes ya kind of loopy. In addition, I'm in a wedding next month and concerned that this rash will not be gone in time.

I am so mortified:(

Please don't feel bad! Everyone forgets things once in a while, and since your mind is focused on being sick, which by the way I am very sorry to hear, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Whomever was throwing the party will understand, and luckily, kids are resilient. Your daughter may be a little sad at first, but soon something else will come along, and she'll forget all about it.

Feel better!

Gina

Please don't feel bad! Everyone forgets things once in a while, and since your mind is focused on being sick, which by the way I am very sorry to hear, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Whomever was throwing the party will understand, and luckily, kids are resilient. Your daughter may be a little sad at first, but soon something else will come along, and she'll forget all about it.

Feel better!

Gina

Oh i know that feeling exactly... when it dawns on you that you missed something because you completely forgot about it. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all do it.

Sorry to hear about your shingles. My mom had that and it sounds like they are terribly painful. I would say you had a lot on your mind! Hope you get better soon.

Oh i know that feeling exactly... when it dawns on you that you missed something because you completely forgot about it. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all do it.

Sorry to hear about your shingles. My mom had that and it sounds like they are terribly painful. I would say you had a lot on your mind! Hope you get better soon.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel alot better now. The bright side is my doctor says I can still workout as long as I'm up to it and I have been continuing my regular workout schedule with a little tweeks here and there. The doctor couldn't believe I was still exercising through all this, but thanks to Cathem I think my body is handling this much better than if I were not in decent shape.

Shingles was an illness that I thought only older people got, but being only 38, I guess that's not true. The doctor says that we can be any age, as I'm finding out!

My daughter will be understanding and I hope the other mom will be too. These things happen.

Your reassurance made me feel much better. :7

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel alot better now. The bright side is my doctor says I can still workout as long as I'm up to it and I have been continuing my regular workout schedule with a little tweeks here and there. The doctor couldn't believe I was still exercising through all this, but thanks to Cathem I think my body is handling this much better than if I were not in decent shape.

Shingles was an illness that I thought only older people got, but being only 38, I guess that's not true. The doctor says that we can be any age, as I'm finding out!

My daughter will be understanding and I hope the other mom will be too. These things happen.

Your reassurance made me feel much better. :7

Heidi, I had a case of the shingles a few years ago, totally out of the blue. It is a warning sign that your immune system is depressed so please take care. My doctor did blood work after I recovered to eliminate some possibilities. It's a good time to look at your lifestyle choices to make sure you're getting adequate rest, nutrients, etc. Probably hard with children.

Did you get to the doctor early enough to get an anti-viral medication? It's supposed to be much less painful with the Rx. It was a toss up whether the narcotic for the pain was worse than the pain! Can't believe kids take Vicodin for thrills.

My energy returned quickly, but it took quite a few months before the skin on my torso returned to normal.

Please take care. The other mother will be quite understanding if she has any idea how painful this condition is.

Debra

Heidi, I had a case of the shingles a few years ago, totally out of the blue. It is a warning sign that your immune system is depressed so please take care. My doctor did blood work after I recovered to eliminate some possibilities. It's a good time to look at your lifestyle choices to make sure you're getting adequate rest, nutrients, etc. Probably hard with children.

Did you get to the doctor early enough to get an anti-viral medication? It's supposed to be much less painful with the Rx. It was a toss up whether the narcotic for the pain was worse than the pain! Can't believe kids take Vicodin for thrills.

My energy returned quickly, but it took quite a few months before the skin on my torso returned to normal.

Please take care. The other mother will be quite understanding if she has any idea how painful this condition is.

Debra

Yes, Debra, thankfully I did catch it in time. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction, but after two days passed and my glands on the left side of my neck were swollen, I knew it wasn't.

The doctor prescribed an antiviral med. as well as pain killers (which I am very cautious about using). Surprisingly, the rash is alot better and appears to be healing quickly. I will, however, go for bloodwork to make sure everything is in order. Back in January, I had a CBC and full blood work-up and everything was fine.

The only thing I'm worried about is I am in a wedding mid-June and the dress has a low back as well as front -- so I'm hoping everything heals before then. How long did it take before the rash went away?

Yes, Debra, thankfully I did catch it in time. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction, but after two days passed and my glands on the left side of my neck were swollen, I knew it wasn't.

The doctor prescribed an antiviral med. as well as pain killers (which I am very cautious about using). Surprisingly, the rash is alot better and appears to be healing quickly. I will, however, go for bloodwork to make sure everything is in order. Back in January, I had a CBC and full blood work-up and everything was fine.

The only thing I'm worried about is I am in a wedding mid-June and the dress has a low back as well as front -- so I'm hoping everything heals before then. How long did it take before the rash went away?

Heidi, glad to hear that you got the anti-viral Rx in time.

My blisters healed in about 2 weeks, but the skin was discolored for awhile. The area was very sensitive too. It sounds like your case is much less severe, so you can be optimistic that you'll look fine for the wedding. Go heavy with the sunblock once those blisters heal!

Debra

Heidi, glad to hear that you got the anti-viral Rx in time.

My blisters healed in about 2 weeks, but the skin was discolored for awhile. The area was very sensitive too. It sounds like your case is much less severe, so you can be optimistic that you'll look fine for the wedding. Go heavy with the sunblock once those blisters heal!

Debra

Hey Debra,

I'm going to make an appointment w/a dermatologist this week. But why do you have to go extra heavy on sunblock? Does the sun reactivate the conditionx(

Please let me know. Thanks

Hey Debra,

I'm going to make an appointment w/a dermatologist this week. But why do you have to go extra heavy on sunblock? Does the sun reactivate the conditionx(

Please let me know. Thanks

Heidi, my skin was very discolored after the blisters healed. I assumed it was new skin but it had a purplish tint like a giant bruise. It sounds like your affected area might get sun exposure, so I'd be very careful. I'm glad you're seeing a dermatologist. Then you know you're doing everything you can to look great at the wedding & regain healthy skin.

It really sounds like you're on top of this. Good luck & fast healing!

Debra

Heidi, my skin was very discolored after the blisters healed. I assumed it was new skin but it had a purplish tint like a giant bruise. It sounds like your affected area might get sun exposure, so I'd be very careful. I'm glad you're seeing a dermatologist. Then you know you're doing everything you can to look great at the wedding & regain healthy skin.

It really sounds like you're on top of this. Good luck & fast healing!

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.