total body weight w/o questions

fargomom

Cathlete
Besides MM, what other Cathe DVD's qualify as a total body weight workout?

Can I do the weight segments from a dvd like Drill Max or Low Impact Circuit -- then will that qualify as total body? Or are they not long enough?

Does total body simply mean doing both upper body and lower body on the same day? Or do you have to shoot for a longer w/o time?

(as you can tell, I'm a little confused here ...) :eek::)

A total body workout involves weight training all the major muscle groups in the one session. It needn't last that long. Cathe's total body workouts clock in at around the 60 mins mark. Try Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, Maximum Intensity Strength, CTX Upper Body and Leaner Legs from CTX.

I am not convinced that if you do all the weights work from, say, Drill Max or Boot Camp, you will get a total body workout since the point of this type of workout is to improve overall stamina and so the emphasis is also on the cardio, which takes up a chunk of the time. Therefore, while Cathe may include one exercise for biceps and one for triceps, it is usually not enough to thoroughly work the muscle. A total body weights workout will offer you, usually, 2 or 3 exercises for the same muscle group that usually hit the muscle from different angles, therefore producing more change in the muscle and in your body.

Clare

One more to add to Clare's list is the Pyramid's. It has a great total body w/o premix on it.;)

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.