Tori Spelling OUT of 90210 2.0

Boilergal

Cathlete
Really important news flash--LOL!--but Tori Spelling will NOT reprise her role as Donna Martin in the new 90210! (Sob!!) Apparently Jennie Garth and Shannen Daughtry are going to make $35K to $50K per epidode; Tori was set to receive $10K to $20K per episode. (This is all according to US Weekly magazine's website.) So no Donna Martin for us, wah! :(

I'm going to try to pick up the pieces and move on ;)

Ditto. How will I ever make it without Donna Martin coming back?
tissue.gif

Just kidding, just kidding. ;)

The only guy confirmed is Nat. Color me not excited.

I know, gals, how will we EVER get through the day now, knowing there will be no Donna? HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see "Brenda Walsh" in action, though!

Well, I for one am upset! How could they offer those dingbats more money? I really like Tori, & frankly I think she's not only much more successful than either Jennie or Shannen, she was also a much bigger part of the show. I mean really, 90210 without Donna? No way!!!!!!!!

I read somewhere that Tori was all good to go on the show until her pregnancy, and then she realized the timing wasnt' going to work with her just having given birth and the beginning of the taping schedule. I think it was People.com..

I know it's mindless TV, which I need in life, but I just know that this show will hold no candle to the original. I think that might have to do with my age though, the original 90210 was the buzz of my town. We had elaborate get togethers, especially when Melrose came on right after! That's too bad they're doing that to Tori, though. She was a little annoying on the show, but it also wouldn't have been the same without her????? Jenny Garth/Kelly, was always my favorite. I might tune in to check that out.
Brandi

I'm embarassed

Okay, I'm embarassed that I can add to this post, but I recently read something about this. I think it was in People, but I'm not sure. If I am remembering correctly, Kelly will be back on the show as herself (Kelly) as a guidence counselor at the school. I forget what Brenda's part was, but I don't think she was coming back as a new character. I don't think there was anything about Donna being on.

Brenda is coming back to be the "guest director" of a West Beverly drama department production (this after a successful career in theatre.) As loyal fans remember, Brenda dropped out of CU to pursue acting in London.

I remember my LIFE centered around this show in college. We would all get together in the sorority house and watch 90210/Melrose Place back to back. And this was before cell phones (ick, how OLD am I?) so if the phone rang, someone on "phone duty" had to answer it, and if someone called during these two hours, we'd scream out: "Don't they have a LIFE? Hello, 90210 is on!"

Um, yeah, we had our priorties straight! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I for one am upset! How could they offer those dingbats more money? I really like Tori, & frankly I think she's not only much more successful than either Jennie or Shannen, she was also a much bigger part of the show. I mean really, 90210 without Donna? No way!!!!!!!!

I totally agree, Laura. Donna was the ONLY actress that appeared on EVERY show of 90210. I seen that on VH1 or something. LMAO! But how can they not offer her more or at least the same amount of money to come back? Unreal.

I, for one, am bummed that she won't be on. She use to drive me crazy but I loved her all at the same time.

I still watch 90210. It's on Soapnet every evening. I've seen this series over and over again. I probably shouldn't admit that, huh? :p

I watch the Soapnet epis. And I'm not embarassed to admit it. :p I like it b/c it's mindless & it helps me unwind. And I also like it b/c it's so nostalgic--I watched in college too (no 90210 nights though, that was reserved for Seinfeld ;)), it was probably the best time of my life, & I love being reminded of it. :)

Aw, but I love Tori Spelling. I read a comment in an interview with her about her dogs and I've never forgotten. She had two dogs she adored like children and when she got pregnant she said everyone told her she wouldn't have time for her dogs anymore but she said it turned out to not be true. Just after she had her first baby she said she still adores her dogs and that they'd always be her "first children", or something to that effect. Since people who act like everything has to be a choice really annoy me I loved that she put in a plug for animal AND child love. Also, the girl was very close to her father and her mother treated her terrible after he died, immediately taking up with some gold digger and cutting Tori off. What mother treats a grieving daughter like that? I never watched 90210 but remarks she's made, through the years, have given me the impression she's a kind person. I think the fact that she grew up rich makes tabloid writers assume she's a brat. Usually true, but not always. She's really always seemed like such a nice young woman, to me.

I watch Tori & Dean. I love their relationship! They're very cute together.

SSW, Tori's pug died last month. :( Also, I read a few excerpts from her book & let me tell you, her father totally screwed her. He left her $800K. While that might seem like a lot of money, well heck, it IS a lot of money, considering the guy was a multi-billionaire you'd think he'd have taken care of his daughter better than that.

And there's one quote from her mother I'll never forget. When Tori asked her mom if she thought Tori was pretty, her mom said "you will be after you get a nose job." Funny how moms are pretty much the same, no matter what their income level. :(

I can honestly say I have never watched 90210, but I do like Tori and Dean. She seems to have matured somewhat and I find them entertaining to watch. Great show to watch while you are doing the ironing!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tori & Dean!!! They just seem like a really nice family. I also loved Tori's book, "StoriTelling" and can't wait for her new one in the spring, about raising kids in Hollywood (it's working title is "MommyWood.")

I also LOVE her jewlery on HSN.com. Tres Cute!!!!!!!!!

LauraMax, you and I MUST have been in college at the same time. :) And that was a great time in my life, too, which is kind of fun to remember while watching the re-runs.

And yes, I totally love the 90210 episodes on SoapNet.

One more totally embarrassing confessional: I have the 90210 CD. And still play it.

Oh how sad..I didn't know that Mimi died :(

I got into watching Tori and Dean this season, I love their relationship as well. I've never watched an episode of 90210 so I didn't really have a previous opinion of Tori. I sympathize with her regarding her relationship with her mom since I have that with both of my parents (more so with my dad)...it's tough. She seems like she's a great mom and let's just hope her dream of having a better relationship with her daughter Stella comes true for her.

Chastity

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.