Too Much Exercise Causing Leaky Gut

RubySue78

I struggle with several health issues ranging from Hypothyroidism, Chronic Lyme Disease, Chronic Walking pneumonia, Multiple food allergies and sensitivities, etc. My gut health has always been an issue, better now than it has been in years, but some seasons of reverting. I feel best when I workout daily, if I go more than a couple of days with out a workout my body hurts terribly bad.
I stumbled across this information and was curious if anyone else was struggling with this? I workout for an hour 6 days a week - 3 days weights (alternate between lower, upper and full body) and 3 days cardio (alternate weeks for low intensity and high intensity) and I walk daily about 3 miles and just putter throughout the day.
I also fast for 16 to 20 hours daily and only eat twice a day as I cannot seem to get that 3rd meal built back in. My gut does so much better with the fasting as it is not getting hit all the time with food. I do not eat any grains, dairy, nuts, soy, pork, high histamine foods or nightshades.
I don't think that is over exercising? Anyone else struggle in this area or have been there?
Please see articles
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/too-much-exercise-is-bad-for-your-gut-health
https://www.drhardick.com/can-heavy-exercise-cause-leaky-gut

I have found that now at 44 yrs old, I can't really do longer workouts. I feel better when they are no longer than 40 maybe 45 mins tops. I really like mine to be around 35 mins. I do this a few times a day and with different workouts. I never do all high impact in one day. I also found doing a lot more stretching/yoga has helped me with this. The steroids I've been on since 28 yrs old has done quite a number on my body and my immune system, so I'm always noticing changes and have to modify to make myself feel better. Best of luck to you finding help with this. Mine was all trial and error and reading.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.