Tonight's WORKOUT on Bravo

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
Is anybody watching this? They're showing the filming of her workout dvd and it is PAINFUL to watch. I keep thinking 'The people behind the scenes on this video do not know what they're asking' and 'Why didn't they rehearse and have it all down BEFORE filming, like Cathe and her people...?' The dvd producers keep saying things like 'We need to film the opening again (It's a workout dvd and everyone's exhausted. Doesn't the crazy wench get that???") Even Rebecca, who I know drives people crazy, gets new respect from me. I have no clue how many pushups she had to do but it was enough to cause a mini-breakdown when they asked her to do more because they had to film a section again. She said "I literally cannot do ONE MORE PUSHUP."

Has anyone gotten this dvd? I can't imagine how it could be any good because, no matter how hard everyone worked, the whole routine was thrown together without (apparently) any practice or anything. Heck, even Jackie looked like she might cry when the producer wanted to film a sequence over again.

BTW, I'm hating this show less now that it's focusing more on working out instead of the big soap opera private lives of the trainers. Who cares about that crap. I want to know what they're all doing to get their bodies.

>BTW, I'm hating this show less now that it's focusing more on
>working out instead of the big soap opera private lives of the
>trainers. Who cares about that crap. I want to know what
>they're all doing to get their bodies.

I watch this show and watched last season too. Prepare to hate it again. What makes this show a success, I'm afraid, is the soap opera "crap."

Sarah;-)

I watched some of it last night because the previews showed that it was going to be about the making of Jackie's videos (I've previewed them on Exercise TV on Demand); I was curious to see some of the behind the scenes goings on of that process (too bad I fell asleep half-way through the show and missed most of that part!).

I liked that Keli Roberts was on it, but disappointed in Jackie's superior attitude toward her (and, of course, the fact that she'd never even heard of her).

Sorry, but I think Keli could take Jackie down in a heartbeat. JMHO!!!

I was going to post about this show but I see you did first. I have a whole new appreciation for these instructors who make our workout videos. I knew it was hard but actually watching them have to do things a million times and make it look like it's the first time is crazy. Now I see how a 60 minute workout can take all day to film. Wow! I don't think I'll complain about a few mistakes on a DVD because I know they are killing themselves for us. Wow, anyone who doesn't watch this show should watch this episode at least. Andrea Ambados is a tough cookie. It was funny when Jesse was saying she doesn't look like she's worked out a day in her life yet she wants them to keep doing these exercises over and over. I believe Amy Bento worked with her recently didn't she? Oh well, it was a good episode.

I watched it, & it was very interesting to see the process of creating an exercise DVD. I had no idea they couldn't cut & pick up where they'd left off--that basically they had to start from the beginning when they messed up. I kept wondering if Cathe & crew suffered like that. I imagine after so many years Cathe has perfected it & the process might actually be enjoyable for the rest of her crew instead of agonizing like it was for Jackie's poor staff.

I'm not a Rebecca hater--I guess I'm in the minority b/c I like her, but I think she's a hoot & is full of personality. I also like Agostina a lot, she's obviously hardcore. I absolutely cannot stand that skanky Ranessa, & the other new trainer, the ab boy--he's just too pretty to be for real. He actually makes me a little sick to my stomach LOL.

What surprised me the most was Jackie's body. She's very muscular but boy is she carrying some extra weight! Her BF percentage is up there. I was a bit surprised when she tied up her Tshirt, she should've kept the full coverage. Cathe puts her to shame!

I agree about the soap opera stuff too. The one thing I like about this show is I can relate to the exercise stuff. Unfortunately having worked at several gyms I can relate to the soapy stuff too. But I have no desire to re-live it. :p Funny, it seems like they alternate shows. One week is full of silly interpersonal relationships, the next week focuses on exercise. The sessions w/Jackie's therapist just kill me. Are we supposed to believe she's bearing her heart to her therapist while she's being filmed? It's all so contrived! But I really did enjoy most of the bootcamp epi where they went on a retreat w/their clients, until they got all into skanky Ranessa & the ab boy's nastiness.

I watched the videos on Exercise TV a couple of weeks ago. You can definately tell that Jackie is a trainer and not an instructor. She will be going along doing an exercise and all of a sudden stop that exercise and start doing another, this was worst in the warm-ups when all of the trainers were working out. The trainers all had to watch for her changes. That type of transition is ok when you are training a person, but not ok when you are teaching a group, countdowns are really necessary. I was really unimpressed with the videos when I watched them.

After last night's episode I feel a little differently. I give them all credit for a very, very long day of filming. I still think that the whole thing would have gone much more smoothly if they would have practiced more. The whole time I was watching the episode I was thinking about Cathe's filming. I bet Cathe's filming goes a lot more smoothly. All in all I was really glad to see the episode, I felt like I had a tiny bit more insight into the process for making a DVD.

Shayne

I feel kind of bad for Jackie in that she has so many other things going on and she told Andrea that she's not totally ready yet but Andrea kept talking about how much money she's invested in this and that they need to get it done. I think it was rushed and Jackie should have had more time to get back into shape herself and to practice more with the other trainers and come up with a solid routine. It was all put together so fast and Kelli was showing her things that Jackie wasn't comfortable with doing. I think if Jackie had more time, the workout would have been smoother and easier to film. I don't think she realized when she agreed to do it that everything would happen so fast.

I have not been able to STAND Jackie from the very start because I feel, as an employer, her behavior at work is unprofessional. And she's a tad too "MEMEMEME." However, as they focus more on her attitudes about working out I'm finally seeing some redeeming qualities in her. Like, last night, the secretary asking for time off to get liposuction. Her reaction was dead-on. She told her that her diet and inattention to exercise is the problem - and she's right. She essentially said that lipo is for people who don't want to do the work. She eventually relented but, for a change, was RIGHTFULLY displeased. She doesn't like her employees taking the easy way out which I didn't know. Glad to see she stands for something though I STILL think she's unprofessional and those psychiatric sessions are eye-rolling dumb.

Indeedy!! Her self absorbed whining about her so called problems grows tiresome. I'd really like to see her and Tosca get together. That would be amusing!!

>Indeedy!! Her self absorbed whining about her so called
>problems grows tiresome. I'd really like to see her and Tosca
>get together. That would be amusing!!

HA! That is hilarious :7 Maybe Tosca could make Jackie some recipes from her cookbook, since Jackie was whining about how her girlfriend's food is "tasteless."

Sarah

"I liked that Keli Roberts was on it, but disappointed in Jackie's superior attitude toward her (and, of course, the fact that she'd never even heard of her)"

Oh, I'm soooo glad I didn't watch. I woulda thrown something at the tv...and it's new!}(

Yukyukyuk Jackie can be so nauseating x(

I think Jackie is probably an insecure person, hence her condesending attitude towards others.
She made a snide remark about Keli Roberts being so "80's."

Not nice.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.