To MominCharge about my pregnant life:))

Mandy Lee

I just read your post and I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you! I have been miserably sick with my pregnancy and finally am seeing some change now that I'm almost 17 weeks. I am that rare woman that has more than the "norm". I am not Catholic or Mormon and alot of people ask me. I'm a Christian. Even today when I went out early to get my Clarin's face wash, the lady at the counter saw that I was poking out a bit and asked, "Is this your first?" I always say,"Prepare yourself for a shock!" I always say I'm the rare breed. But I do cringe at the "Don't you have your hands full" comment. I always say, "Better full than empty.

My husband is a jewel. He does all the grocery shopping and you know what? He NEVER gets any comments if he brings more than 5 kids or so. He also does most of the school work. My workouts are like brushing my teeth. If I don't do them, I feel like I missed something. Of course, I call it my Interval life because it isn't always at the same time of the day. But I am used to that part and still work it in. Last month we had the worse flu going around and lucky me, I was so sick with "pregnancy sickness" that I diddn't even notice if I had it or not! LOL! So the whole December was the worse month as far as working out.

My kids are so great when it comes to working out. It's my time and they know it. My husband is so good about it too. He helps with the kids and keeps them out of the way if I'm doing complex stepping. When the baby is born, I start off slowly and workout right after the baby feeds. I found a swing helps too and the baby watches me and even falls asleep to the music. It's harder when the baby gets to the age where they are clingy and come and grab your leg during the warmup of a workout but I gently say,"This is Mama's time" and either find something for them to do or have another sibling help or have my husband take the kids and go do something fun while I workout. Of course there are the days where everything goes wrong and there is no way to workout. I don't let it be the end of the world. I just pick up the next day. I have to remember these children won't be young forever. One last and very important thing in my life is the housework isn't #1. The kids are. So my house is not a perfect looking house. I have some dishes undone and toys on the floor. That is life and life is wonderful!!

Wow Mandy Lee!

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-00 AT 10:50AM (EST)</font></center>

I think you are incredible!! Your post is just beautiful and it puts it all in perspective. Our children are PRECIOUS and everyday we have with them while they are little is priceless. I truly believe that some people are just meant to have big families. They have a special gift of love, understanding and patience. You and your husband are wonderful examples of such.

Better full than empty indeed!!

You have my admiration for filling your heart and your home with love.

Tammy Churchman

Well said Mandy Lee!

I have 3 kids so I can imagine what some people say to you. I always say the same exact thing "better to have my hands full than empty".
You are a amazing woman everytime I see a picture somewhere of you I always go get my husband and say "look at her, isn't she beautiful and she has 6 kids"
What are the ages of your kids?
MichelleP(a Mandy Lee in the making he he)

Thanks!

Thanks for allowing me a little invasion of your privacy. Do you find working out helps you cope with the stress of motherhood? I started being more serious about it when I had my second child. She was colicky and NEVER slept or quit crying for about 7 months. My husband could see I needed something for myself and was able to let me go to a gym for an hour a few times a week. I found I could function if I had this small amount of time.I stayed with the gym scene for a few years but now am mostly a video exerciser. I also suffered from the flu bug-- but could definitley tell the difference between that and the other! Amen to your philosophy on housework. If I tried to keep a spotless house I would never accomplish anything else!

Exercise is the best for stress!!

I feel so relaxed and patient after my workouts. I also found that my pregnancy sickness is not so bad. I know about colicky babies. My twins were colicky. It was very hard and I remember anticipating my husbands arrival from work so I could go work out. But I found that I have to literally make myself workout when I feel so ickie. I wear my exercise clothes when I get up so I have to do it.

Michelle,
Thanks so much for your compliments!!! They made my day:)) My oldest daughter is almost 11 and she is a big help! Then I have a son who is 9 and another son who is 7. My twins girls are 5 and I'm so thankful they don't wear the same clothes or I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. My youngest daughter is 2 and 1/2 and in that "no" stage. She cut her hair 4 times and finally her bangs are growing out:)

I use the same trick!

I do the exact same thing to try to motivate myself to exercise that day. I find just getting those workout clothes on my body puts me in the "mode". I also find I feel better if I can make myself exercise even on the days that I am feel a little queasy.Does anyone else find this helps their "morning" sickness? Why do they call it that when it lasts all day? Maybe it was named by a MAN ob ha ha! My oldest is 10.

Sex of the new baby

Are you waiting until you give birth or are you finding out at the ultra-sound? My almost 3 yr. old is at the no stage also. Do you watch baby story? My husband said the other day"don't you ever get sick of watching that show" I said"no I have a fascination with pregnancy and childbirth"...he he
MichelleP

Baby Story

Michelle, Baby Story makes me cry every single time I watch it. My husband doesn't get it either. Each birth is such an incredible miracle - it is so neat to be able to follow these women through their pregnancies and childbearing.
Mandy Lee and momincharge - you two are incredible! I have three kids and have a tough time some days - even with a full night of sleep most of the time - don't know how you do it!! Take care!
Erica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.