To all the runners: I need your suggestions and tips...

From Runner's World:

"The Carbs Rule:

For a few days before a long race emphasize carbohydrates in your diet. Carblo-loading became the marathoner's mantra after Scandinavian studies in 1967 suggested cramming down carbs following a period of carb depletion produced super-charged athletes. Experts now say simply emphasizing carbs a few days before a race over two hours works just as well. The exception: There's a word for carbo-loading during regular training or before a short race: gluttony."

Hope that helps!

RE: To all the runners: I need your suggestions and ti...

I don't necessarily carb load during the week before an event. I am a Vegan though so I do eat more carbs than most in the forms of veggies and fruits. I would say yes...take off a rest day the day before the half. Also if you do any weight training at all cut that back also. Get plenty of water the day before the half. And http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/images/smiles/chris105.gif[/img]...let us know how it goes....:)...Carole

RE: To all the runners: I need your suggestions and ti...

All good advice! Also good to remember, after the run, you may not feel like running a single step for a few days-2 weeks, and that's OKAY!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.