Time to keep our short haired dogs warm.

janiejoey

Cathlete
Rolly and I went for a walk around the driveway for about 30. min. Here is his new sweater, that I made from a sleeve of my sweater. I was going to toss it out anyway. He's not use to it, it's only been minutes since I put it on. He started protesting, even though nothing was wrong with him. We strutted around for awhile and he is now tolerating it. This will be nice and warm for him when he is out and about in cold weather.

393423802.jpg

He gets so cold he shivers, so I'm hoping this will fix the problem. I'm thinking about a rain coat with a hood next.

Anyone else do this for their dogs, or am I the only one?

Janie

Last edited:
my dog

HI, I use a raincoat for my dog & in the winter I put a sweater on him. There is a website I go to for these items & their very reasonably priced, baxterboo.com

Karen

Is Rolly a minpin? I have a minpin, Abby. She is the reddish brown color. She loves her blankies, especially now! I may have to get her little sweater on her too! ;)

Denise

Hi Janie! Thought I'd pop in and say how cute your Rolly is. Love the sweater too! Hi to Joey!

Jeanette:D

I'm now on to a coat for Rolly. Got my material out and will sew tomorrow. If I get it done tomorrow, will post it.

Karen, Love the site. Thanks for that, the dog clothes are adorable.

Denise, Rolly is part chihuahua and some kind of terror, maybe rat terror, don't know for sure. Would love to see your baby in her sweater, picture please.

Jeanette, Long time no see. I've missed you, don't see you around much. Joey says hi back. Don't be such a stranger, K? PM me.

Janie

I just got Kip his Fido Fleece. He doesn't like wearing it, but I think he'll prefer it to freezing his adorable little booty off when it's freezing outside...

DSCN0856.jpg

Rolly and I went for a walk around the driveway for about 30. min. Here is his new sweater, that I made from a sleeve of my sweater. I was going to toss it out anyway. He's not use to it, it's only been minutes since I put it on. He started protesting, even though nothing was wrong with him. We strutted around for awhile and he is now tolerating it. This will be nice and warm for him when he is out and about in cold weather.

393423802.jpg

He gets so cold he shivers, so I'm hoping this will fix the problem. I'm thinking about a rain coat with a hood next.

Anyone else do this for their dogs, or am I the only one?

Janie

My Boston Terrier Snoopy has a turtleneck sweater. We think he looks quite handsome in it and he attracts a lot of attention when he wears it on walks, but he hates it. :D

I thought this would be appropriate:

129139631157521953.jpg

Buster (my puggle) has a nice fleece jacket that he wears. He tolerates it very well and looks so cute in it. I think he's lost weight since last winter too, so it should fit better this year.

Afreet, Kip is so darn cute! He seems to love his sweater. Oh, by the way, is that a pet daddy long leg on your curtain? Maybe he wants in on the act too. How can we make a spidy sweater?LOL ;)

LadyPakenham, Snoopy, what can I say? This is such an adorable picture! He truly looks like he's mad, but oh so handsome. How did you get him to pose like that? LOL:eek:

MigetDogg, Where is Buster's picture? He's got to be so adorable in the fleece jacket.

Janie

Last edited:
Afreet, Kip is so darn cute! He seems to love his sweater. Oh, by the way, is that a pet daddy long leg on your curtain? Maybe he wants in on the act too. How can we make a spidy sweater?LOL ;)

Hey, that IS a daddy longlegs on the curtain. I didn't even see that! He's cute, but no Fido Fleece for him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.