Thoughts on finishing STS minus the leg discs...

exer_cited

Cathlete
Hi all.

What are your thoughts on finishing STS without doing the leg workouts? :(

I tweaked my knee doing a 45 degree lunge in Meso 1 and it's still not 100%. I'm in my second week of Meso 2 and I've been skipping the leg discs. I am starting to see some nice changes in my upper body, so I don't want to stop just because of my knee. But at the same time, it feels kind of strange because I'm not doing the series as is..:confused:

TIA!!

Hi Melissa,

I think that is one of the beauties of the STS program is that you can do whichever parts you can. So, I don't think you should stop the whole program, and maybe once your knees feel better modify some of the leg exercises, that's what I have to do so I don't wreck my knees more than they already are.

Hope your knee heals quickly!
Kirsten

I agree, you will see fantastic definition in your upper body, keep it up. You could try doing some of the bonus leg work in the meso 1 discs for legs-they are very knee friendly and even incorporate some PT exercises I've seen in knee rehab.
Beth

Have you see a Physical Therapist? That can help you accelerate your recovery and go back to leg work. If you love what you see with the upper body don't stop!! Go girl, once you get better you can go back to your leg work out and everything is going to be fine..

I agree, you will see fantastic definition in your upper body, keep it up. You could try doing some of the bonus leg work in the meso 1 discs for legs-they are very knee friendly and even incorporate some PT exercises I've seen in knee rehab.
Beth

I agree :)

Great idea, Beth. Thanks!!!

And thanks to all that responded. I am going to continue STS working my upper body!

I cannot do the leg work either. I had knee surgery a couple years ago and the knee will never be the same. I tried Meso 1 and the knee swelled so bad that I was back to screaming pain.

What I do is the upper body 3x a week. One week I'll repeat the back disk and the next week I do the same STS week and repeat the chest disk. The next week I move on to the next STS week.

What I do is the upper body 3x a week. One week I'll repeat the back disk and the next week I do the same STS week and repeat the chest disk. The next week I move on to the next STS week.

That is a great idea, ImFiddY!!! I felt kind of off just doing it 2x a week. I was actually going to fast-track it a little and just do the next ub disc in the series in place of the leg disc, but I like your idea better. Thank you so much for posting that!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.