Those Crazy Biceps

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!!

I just started STS Meso 2 (which rocks by the way) and, because i'm using my heaviest weights to date (yay) i'm starting to really notice the strength difference between my biceps. My left bicep is definitely weaker than my right bicep. I just finished Disc 15 this morning, and during both the seated concentration curls and the preacher curls on the stability ball my right bicep felt perfectly challenged using the weight I selected but my left bicep failed out about 2/3 of the way through the reps. What should I do? Should I use a lighter weight for my left bicep? or should I stop all together when my left bicep fails out? I definitely want to get the absolute most I can out of STS so the thought of stopping the reps early stresses me out a little bit. :eek: I've also thought about adding an extra day of bicep work just for my left side to try and catch it up to the right.

Help! :) Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!!!

Katie

Hi Katie! When I was doing a round of STS a year ago, I had a shoulder issue that was painful when I used my "normal" weight for shoulders. Sooo, I just went down in weight on that arm and stayed heavy on my good arm and I didn't notice any problems at all. I am back to using the same weight on both arms now and I never noticed a difference of inbalance or side effect from the diff weights at all. (I did the modifying for prob about 3 months)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.