Thong alternative?

Mine are Barely There also and I found a style at Kohl's which I love because they are barely there but I'm not bare. :) Boy cut and they don't have gaping leg holes for a woman challenged in the thigh department.
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Thank you ladies on your suggestions and very colorful commentary! I think I will hit the department store and try out a few of your suggestions. I may also look into buying a pair of workout pants with a liner in them so I can go commando.

Hi-

I wear thongs but I have discovered that not all thongs are alike!!

OK, this might be more than you want to know, but... some thongs have thicker "strings" in the back.. don't get those, they can be uncomfortable. For me, I have found the best thongs are the ones that have a "v"string.. that is the string in the back is thinner and more flexible.. less feeling of "violation" that way!

Victoria's Secret has great "v-string" thongs, they are pretty comfortable and if you hit one of the their clearance sales, they aren't too pricey. Plus, they are "low rise" so if you have jeans/pants that are low rise style, you won't have underwear hanging out of the back.

Lastly, and this is just the caveat of TMI.. if you have any problems w/ hemorrhoids, think twice about donning a thong.. they can really aggravate them if you are having "an episode."

OK.. enough from me about this! :)

Lynn M.

We just need a really great thong? Is that what you're saying? :) I got mine to correct the phenomena of cameltoe which I didn't really even get until recently. Ahh, yes I can see it now! :D I bought a very sheer pair of workout pants and commando was out of the question. But the thongs I bought just didn't cut it and I look so dorky with bunched up unders under a pretty pair of workout pants that I hardly wear those lovely pants and that's a pity. I need several good front covering things for those pants and I take it Target is out of the question. I should go to Victoria's for bras too. How sad it it when a nearly A is too big? Can the next topic be discrimination against the boobless? Or how cruel it is that gravity affects the boobless so tht we need bras to get the little guys back up where they belong and we should be able to do it in a bra that fits. Is there such a thing as a negative cup bra?
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Under Armour ultra light underwear is an excellent choice especially for the thong--the only comfortable one I've found. I don't care what I look like, I just need to be comfortable. I also like the hipsters (the bikini style is way too small for those of us who actually have glutes!).

Soma has a laser-cut panty that I am sold on. It has the little grippy lines on the inside of the leg to make it stay put and the laser cut edge means no VPL! They call them vanishing edge and they sell in several different style/cuts, bikini, hipster, high cut, etc.

Does this Soma brand run true to the size chart? I hate buying online, with the fear of having to pay for return shipping.

I typically wear an 8 pants size and ordered the medium. The medium hipster and bikini cut styles felt too snug for my preference. I exchanged for a large.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.