This Q is open to anyone, but really want to hear from fellow males on the forum..

jloewe

Cathlete
How heavy are your weights, compared with Cathe's on screen?? Same, little heavier, lot heavier, little lighter, lot lighter??

I will be the first to admit that when I did MM for the first time, I felt there was no way Cathe could come close to lifting the same weight as me...needless to say, we know how THAT turned out...:mad:

Overall, I find that I can pretty much go heavier than her on legs and chest, back and biceps about the same, but she OWNS me on Tri's and shoulders, big time!!

Today I did GS Chest and Tri's, when we went to the overhead tricep press, Cathe grabbed a 25 pound dumbell, and so did I..I hoisted it into position, and the weight DID NOT BUDGE..and I spent the rest of the sets in open mouthed amazement as Cathe was smiling back at me, with no apparent difficulty at all as she banged out the sets like a pro she is.

Even much lighter, my Tri's have more jello in them right now than the fridge at a hospital cafeteria!!!

So guys, I know we don't have large numbers of us, but, those who do post..I need you to fess up, did you really think Cathe could outlift you when you first started working out with her??

Of course, knowing what I know now of Cathe, she's probably able to go heavier in legs and chest, and could probably mop the floor with me, but that's why I love her...she simply pushes me to be great in my workouts!

I am speaking (er, writing) for my fiancee, who does lots of Cathe weight work but doesn't post on forums.

Weirdly, even from the very start, he absolutely creamed her on the shoulders, triceps, and back, but could barely match her on biceps, chest and legs. I always thought that was strange, but I guess it makes sense that some people are stronger in some muscle groups and weaker in others?

He just finished STS and he made astonishing progress with it - I think he was probably MOSTLY lifting the same/heavier than she was by the end - but not necessarily all the time, and not on every muscle group.

He still has trouble with the lower body work, but he at least gets through it all now, even if he has to use pretty low weights. I think it might be the cardio factor more than anything that gets him on the leg work.

Another thing: after he finished STS, he took a week off and then did a week of the weight work from 4DS, and he said it didn't feel any easier to him AT ALL. Both of us just about died trying to slog through Muscle Max last weekend. I think that even though he's able to lift heavier now, Cathe's sequencing always makes the weight work freakin' brutal.

I think it made him feel better to know that other fellas struggle with these workouts!

So guys, I know we don't have large numbers of us, but, those who do post..I need you to fess up, did you really think Cathe could outlift you when you first started working out with her??

Of course, knowing what I know now of Cathe, she's probably able to go heavier in legs and chest, and could probably mop the floor with me, but that's why I love her...she simply pushes me to be great in my workouts!

Oops- forgot to answer these questions! I have several male friends who have borrowed some of my Cathe DVDs, and all of them

A) kept the DVDs much longer than I expected,
B) bought copies of the workouts I loaned them,
C) admitted that they thought it would be more "like Jane Fonda stuff" when they borrowed them,
D) ruefully admit that they got their a$$es completely kicked by "Cathe with an "E""

One of them even said something similar about the tricep work in Gym Styles!

Tami! You crack me up! Of COURSE they're not hollow, they're made of styrofoam! :D

LOL Laura.
And I'm positive that The Firm workouts are filmed in 'takes' because no one in those workouts break a sweat or becomes out of breath. :rolleyes:

Ok, take 1, Reps 1-4 (of 16) fanny lifts Quiet on the set...... CUT....
ok, take 2, reps 5-8 (of 16) fanny lifts Quiet on the set........Cut
MAKEUP!!!! Mop up Allies sweat :D

LOL Laura.
And I'm positive that The Firm workouts are filmed in 'takes' because no one in those workouts break a sweat or becomes out of breath. :rolleyes:

Lol! I always wondered why the looked so cool and comfortable:)

LOL Laura.

ROTFLOL!!!!! That's great! I never thought about that!

You can always tell, Cathe and her crew are working as hard as we are! I really like that!

Tricia

I am female

and use the same or heavier weights than Cathe. I wasn't able to do it at first but now, ten years later, I have no problem with the weights.

ROTFLOL!!!!! That's great! I never thought about that!

You can always tell, Cathe and her crew are working as hard as we are! I really like that!

Tricia

Well sometimes I think Cathe has invisible springs in her shoes. That's how she can jump so high. ;)

Sorry Jerry for hijacking your thread.

Hi Jerry,
When I first started doing Cathe video I averaged about 5 lbs heavier.I am on STS Meso 3.I am now much heavier on legs & back but not much more on the biceps / triceps & chest.I use 40 lbs for chest flies and I believe Cathe is using 35 lbs.She is amazing.I can't quite match her pace for all the pushups.I can do them but I am slightly slower and in Meso 1 when she bangs out the 30 I slow way down after 22 I am fighting until the end.
Take care
Chris

Chris,

Have an awesome road trip!!!! As far as the pushups go, the safest way for me to do them is bent knee version, if I try them on my toes, my form disappears very quickly, so I won't even pretend to try to match Cathe!

Female: I've been lifting for about a year, mostly with Cathe, and I now outlift her in every body part, every exercise, even the lunges, which are not my strong point. I guess I'm just a mesomorph, and I love heavy lifting. That being said, she royally kicks my ass in anything cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.