Thinking of doing the 3 Day for the Cure

L Sass

Cathlete
60 mile in 3 days - whew! That's a lot of moving. Has anyone ever done it? How was it? Any problems raising the requisite pledges? It sounds so daunting but come on - the cause. In my town it's August 17 - 19 (you watch - Cathe will choose that weekend for the RT - oh no!)

Ok - so can I challenge any other fellow Catheites to do this? I'm in Cleveland, but I see these are scheduled in Boston, Chicago, Twin Cities, Seattle, Michigan, Philly, Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, and Arizona (San Diego is already full.) We have to be some pretty fit ladies. I'm not 100% there yet, but if any others want to do this, I bet I could commit pretty fast! (Hey Mama Deb - wanta' do Cleveland with me?) :)

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Bumping up. What? My fellow Cathe-ites not up to this challenge? (Though I know it's kind of quiet on the weekends.) Nobody?

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Hey Lorrie! I'd love to participate with you. I need to find out when the RT will be first as I wouldn't want to miss it or have it fall with me being gone TWO weekends in a row. I'll get back to you after Cathe announces which weekend. I can't wait to meet up with you again. Thanks for thinking of me.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hey Lorrie!

I did the Michigan 3Day in 2004. It was one of the most amazing weekends in my life. It sounded scary to me too, at first. But, there is so much support available and the training walks are a great way to get in shape! Raising the money was a challenge because I found it difficult to solicit people for donations. I did manage to raise the $2000 necessary to participate. If I do it again (which I'm contemplating) I would hold some fundraisers. I heard of people having garage sales, scrapbooking nights, euchre card tournaments, and even a wine tasting to raise donations. It seems a lot less intimidating than asking.

As for fitness levels, you don't have to be in awesome shape. I saw all kinds of people with varying fitness levels-and even an 80 year old grandma! Talk about motivation. You can PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck!
Klaudia

I did the 3Day last October in Dallas-Ft Worth. It was amazing and I'm signed up to do it again this year. Thanks to my generous family and friends, I didn't have any trouble with my fundraising. I have several family members who are planning to do it also this year so my fundraising may be more difficult. I will be starting that soon. I like to let people recover from Christmas before I start sending out letters.

Here's a link to a post on my blog about the event.

http://christina-faithhopeandlove.blogspot.com/2006/12/breast-cancer-3-day.html

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.