Thigh ?/New Tapes

skl

Cathe, Thanks so much for the new tapes. I just finished Step & Intervals. I loved the music and the routine. It was great. The intensity, however, seemed quite a bit lighter than I-Max. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining!) But the chest was a killer!!

I plan to do the six tapes for my weekly routine.
Now my question: I feel like the top of my thigh - the muscle above my knee(quad, I think)-tends to bulge when I do alot of step. I have been doing step 1 or 2 times per week and other forms of cardio for the other 4, i.e. walk/jog, kickbox, aerobics.

First, can this muscle do this when stepping alot?
Second, if so, is there so much stepping in the 8 new videos that I might need to rethink my planned routine? Any suggestions?

Hope I made some sense. Thanks for the response and thanks for being there for us. Can't wait till tomorrow to try the next video.

Sharon

Hi Sharon!

If your leg muscles are prone to bulking, they will very likely be prone to bulking with all activities that use your legs. But if you do see that one particular exercise brings it on more, then yes, I would suggest limiting that activity to 2 times per week.

As for the new tapes, there are two tapes that involve a lot of step(All Step and Step & Intervals)but the rest just have a splash of it here and there. But even the two step tapes mentioned above only have 23 minutes of step per tape which is half of the length of a classic step workout(usually running about 45 minutes).

I would say keep an eye on the situation. If you feel this leg area becoming too bulky, try lowering your step height, limiting your plyometric jumps, and keeping your weights lighter when working your legs. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.