The "Very few videos" rotation

Amysue

Cathlete
OK, here's the rotation my husband has designed for me for the summer. When it changes, I'll let you know...probably in another 6 weeks...

Day 1
Long, steady cardio, usually a run, 1 hour, 15 minutes
Day 2
Chest, Shoulders, Tris ( 3 sets with heavy weights, 10 - 12 reps. Chest: Bench Press (70lbs), Flies (25 lbs), Push ups (3 sets or 12) Shoulders: Overhead press (20 lbs), Upright rows (45 lbs), Front raises (10 - 12 lbs) Triceps: Skull crushers (35 lbs), One arm overhead extension (15, 12 lbs), Dips to failure. Abs: hanging leg raises, incline sit ups, pikes on the ball, oblique twists...etc.
40 minutes cardio with 10 short bursts of 15 to 30 seconds or 1/2 hour of an interval video.
Day 3
Back, Bis, Abs ( 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps, except pullups) Back: Assisted pull ups (someone cups their hands under your crossed feet), 2 sets of 12 to 15 overhand grip and 2 sets with underhand grip. Bent over rows with barbell, (65 lbs). Dead lifts, (70 lbs). Towel tugs, (with a partner, sit with your the soles of your feet together with a towel twisted between you. Use resistance to pull straight back sort of like with a rowing machine.)do to failure. Biceps: Barbell curls, 40 lbs. Reverse grip barbell curls with a good peak contraction at the top, 25 lbs. Concentration curls, 12 lbs. Abs. Cardio, 45 minutes of moderate cardio.
Day 4
Cardio, one hour run with hills.
Day 5
Legs, Abs. Squats: 1 light warm up set, 3 sets 12 - 15, (80 lbs). Lunges: 55 pounds. Hack squats (barbell behind you, under your tush, heels raised on a 2x4) 30 lbs. Mule raises to failure (do on the steps to work your calves...a 235 pound workout partner works great, but she's getting skinnier as we speak!)Abs. Cardio, 1/2 hour intervals...i.e. last 5 intervals of Imax 2.
Day 6
Cardio, one hour moderate intensity.
Day 7
Cardio, 30 minutes with short bursts or wind sprints. Climbing at the gym until the weather gets nice!
:) :)

RE: The "Very few videos" rotation

Wow! I can't imagine that heavy. How long have you been lifting weights?

Crystal

RE: The "Very few videos" rotation

Hey guys,
Yes, my sister weighs 235 pounds. She's working diligently to lose the weight she gained when she quit smoking. She's 5' 10" and is a large frame, so she looks very good at 170 lbs.

Crystal...it sounds like a lot of weight, but with a spotter and a goal to max out on your last rep (the 8th rep would be great), it's really not that bad. The point is to really push yourself to your limits. I wouldn't recommend this unless you have been lifting for some time so that poor form wouldn't come into play. I've been a fitness nut since I met my husband 13 years ago.

I really don't expect anyone to try this rotation. I'm going to have to join the gym soon on this regimen unless we buy a squat rack and a bench this weekend. The other piece of equipment that my husband owns and is going to retrieve from his old gym that closed, is a lat pull down machine. He also owns a whole set of Olympic barbells that we're going to bring home too. If all of this comes to pass, I'll still be classified as a "home exerciser." LOL!

Have a great weekend.
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.