"The Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Guide"

J

jennifer2

Just wondering if anyone had read this book yet (by Lisa Dorfmann)? I've been looking a lot at sports nutrition books lately, since I like the fact that they take into account a person's activity level. I'm also *trying* (and I can't emphasize the word "trying" enough) to phase into vegetarianism, so this seemed like a good book to get. Has anyone read it and have an opinion on it before I go on my Amazon spree?

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

looks interesting

I'm not familiar with Dorfmann or her book, but since I'm semi-vegetarian I was intrigued. Nancy Clark, a nutritionist wrote one of the Amazon reviews, very positive. I see a lot of Clark's articles in fitness magazines & in Bicycling, & have a lot of respect for her (so her endorsement is good). At Amazon it says that Dorfmann is a RD, but her website doesn't list that in her bibliography. It also doesn't state where her degrees were earned (a warning sign).

Since Dorfmann is a marathon runner, her book probably emphasizes endurance sports. While that appeals to me, it may not be exactly what you're looking for. There might be too much ink devoted to carbo-loading, fueling & hydration during training/competition, & post-event fueling. If you do get it, please let me know what you think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.