The postpartum workout-HELP

MooseRN

Hi there,
I just gave birth to a baby girl last week, and was told that i could resume exercising in 6-10 days..I am ready to go.
I have been an avid Cathe user for years now, but it was limitted to her aerobic routines. Does anyone out there have and aerobic and weight training mix that has worked for them post partum..
I want my abs to show for once, and my muscles to be defined.
Any routines would be welcome.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby!

Do you do step? If so, I think Cardio and Weights would be a nice beginning...after baby workout. This is what I am using to get back in shape after 5 months of not exercising (I also had my second baby a year and four months ago and am still trying to get back in shape). Of course, keep in mind that you will have to modify.

It has step and weights and I believe can be used by anyone to get back into the training wagon. I love it! Once I get stronger, I will put all my might into it, raise the step and use heavier weights.

Just my thoughts.

Enjoy and welcome to the Cathe forums. :D

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Depending on what you feel like, there is a good intermediate video by Reebok called Circuit Challenge. It is good, but if you are used to Cathe already, don't try it, you will be bored to tears.
Otherwise cardio with weights will probably be best. At least from what I've heard it's really, very good, so is Boot Camp. Both incoporate cardio and weights.
Congratulations on your your baby girl being born!
You can check out Cathes postpartum routine on the home page.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.