The Onederland Challenge

Abveyera

Cathlete
Hey y’all,

I need some 200lb-and-over partners for a Onederland Challenge. My current weight is 221 and I’m aiming for 199 (ONE-der-Land) before the clock strikes midnight on 2020. I don’t have much of a “plan” right now, but I’m open to guidance.

Obviously, I know I need to eat sensibly, work out regularly, sleep well and drink lots of water. But “eating sensibly” has never really worked for me. If I’m going to lose any weight and keep it off, I know I have to count calories. (And I hate counting calories.) I’ve done vegan, keto, IF and blah blah blah in the past, but counting is the only thing that consistently works. It’s boring but it’s effective. So I guess that’s my “plan”.

I’d also like to start doing consistent meal-planning and prepping. I have four kids, so that’s always been hard. Any free time I have is generally spent hiding from my children or napping (because: four children). So meal-prep is a nebulous goal. I’d like to make it a done deal. I think it would help a lot.

But my biggest goal, nutrition-wise is to completely cut out alcohol. Not because I drink that much, but because it seems that any amount of alcohol I drink just sabotages my weight loss. I was at 217 a couple weeks ago but two weekends of drinking wine shot that down.

I’m an intermediate exerciser (I’m currently doing the LITE rotation) but also enjoy step and harder workouts with weights. However, I come from a looooong history of working out with Cathe (before I had kids and things went sideways; my oldest two kids have autism and it’s just thrown a monkey wrench in everything). So I know the deal.

I lost 100 pounds back around 2000 and kept it off for over 10 years. I’ve worked hard before. Things are just different now. 2000 was almost 20 years ago and my body has changed. My life has changed. What worked then might not work as well now. So I need some tweaking and some major hacks to pull this off.

Anyone joining the challenge has to agree to check in daily and to give and receive tough love in a spirit of excellence and camaraderie. I’m open to sharing struggles. I am not open to whining, making excuses, cheat days or quitting. If you’re doing this challenge, you’re owning it. Because I plan to, too.

Do I have any takers?

Monday, September 23

Wake up 430AM (Did not weigh)
Dressed
Dishes
Restroom
Coffee
Revved Up Rumble + Calorie Crush
Kids lunches packed
Kids up and breakfasted
Kids out the door

GOALS:
  • Shopping and meal prep
  • My TDEE is (supposedly) around 2700 and my BMR is around 1700. As much as I’d like to say that my stand-by of 1500 calories is a goal, I don’t think that is realistic. Today’s goal is 1850. That feels high for me, but it’s better than the current density. I think RUR + CC also burns 700+ calories. So I should be covered with a hefty deficit.
  • Keep stress low
  • No alcohol
Happy Monday!

Last edited:
Yesterday:
Calories — 1900
Meal prep — some
Workout — accomplished as planned
Stress level — kept low
Overall — was pumped for the day; I know my early morning workout helped a lot

Tuesday, September 24
Wake up 500AM
Gained 1 pound (?!)
Dressed
Dishes
Coffee
Walked the dog, briskly, in the moonlight.
Kids lunches packed
Kids up and breakfasted
Kids out the door
Commute
Home
ICE Chiseled Upper Body + Icy Core 1

GOALS:
  • Shopping and more meal prep. Got some done yesterday. Would like to have actual meals in the fridge today
  • More protein
  • More water
  • 1850 calories or less.
  • Keep stress low
  • No alcohol
Happy Tuesday!

Okie doke. Welp — since I’m alone on this one, I think I’ll sign off and keep up with my progress myself. Keep truckin Cathletes. I’ll let you know how this turns out... maybe.

Maybe you could join one the groups that are already established. They are always looking for new members. Good luck

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.