The One Video Every Woman Needs to Watch (GGS)

Just watched this video and I applaud its empowering, and also grounding, message. It's 11 mins long, so you may not have time for the whole thing. My favorite part is between time index 5:25-6:15, so I'd recommend you watch just that 50 secs if you're short on time.

If you do watch, post your thoughts please!

Lisa

ETA: GGS = Girls Gone Strong. The video is posted on the Girls Gone Strong website. Should've mentioned that from the get go, sorry!

Last edited:
Lisa,
Thanks so much for sharing. That was an awesome video and oh so true. You said it, "its empowering and grounding". Such a great reminder that we need to stop beating ourselves up for not being as perfect or as good as we want to be and be happy and love where we are at and who we are. Loved, loved, loved it!!

Thanks again for sharing!
Brenda

Thanks so much for sharing this excellent video, Lisa. I feel the whole 11 minutes is worth watching! I will definitely share this with others as it can really help shift our thinking to a focus on self-care as a motivation for healthy living rather than a lifetime of striving to match someone else's conception of how we should look.

I found Michelle Segar's book, "No Sweat: How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness" to be a great motivator as well. She too helps us to reframe our reasons for wanting to stay physically active. She uses results from recent scientific research to argue that we shouldn't be looking at the scales or even the mirror but to rely on how activity makes us feel - it's the fuel that gives us the ability to focus on what matters most in our lives.

This is really interesting Lisa, thanks for sharing:) ---- It reminds me of one of the sentence I have on my signature:
" Confidence is the best outfit...." Sigh I can elaborate much more but I won't! My most prefered part of the clip runs from 8:16---->10:15

Loving the temple we live in being important makes a lot of sense IMO. Somehow, a part of the clip reminded some
interactive behaviour on here!:):) Peace!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.