The New Cathe dot Com

SNM Videos

Administrator
<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-00 AT 11:14AM (EST)</font></center>

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-00 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

As many of you have already noticed we have just started a major revamp of our entire site. Last night we launched the new start page. This look will be carried throughout the rest of the site. There are over 2000 pages that have to be updated so this will take a while to do.

Besides just a new look, Cathe dot Com is going to change in many other ways. First, we are launching Cathe Online TV on July 18th. At first we will use this technology to broadcast some of our new videos in their entirety starting with Circuit Max on July 18th. This should help you make a better buying decision when purchasing our videos, however, this not the main purpose COTV. We plan on using this new service to bring you Cathe seminars and tips to help you with detailed form pointers, modifications and other questions you may have. In short, COTV’s main purpose will be to educate not promote.

The quality of COTV will be similar to the Cathe Cam and maybe slightly better. A lot will depend on your connection speed and our server traffic. Currently, we use a web server at our location to broadcast these events that is hooked up to a very high end DSL line. Unfortunately, the traffic during these events is much higher than our DSL can handle…and this brings us to our next change.

Soon (August or September) we’re going to move Cathe dot Com to a very high-end dedicated server that is hooked directly to two OC-12 lines (equal to 830 T-1’s). This off site server is exactly like the ones used by companies like Yahoo and Amazon and should be able to handle our demand with ease for a long time to come. Currently, our main site is on a shared system with 50 other clients. Even though our sight is very stable; there are times when it becomes slow. This caused by the high CPU demand that scripts like our forum software place on the server. Since there are 50 other companies on the same server this can at times cause problems. With our own high-end dedicated server we should operate at warp speed all the time. This will also allow us to broadcast a much higher quality of an image on COTV and the Cathe Cam.

Lastly, we’re going upgrade our forum software from DCF99 to DCF2000. This will be more of an evolutionary process than revolutionary. The look of the forum will be similar to what it is now, you will just have more features like the ability to see how many times a thread is read and the capability to sort threads by date, author or subject. Another great feature for people who hate to scroll is collapsible threads.

More information later, Enjoy COTV on Tuesday!
happy.gif

great!!

Thanks for the heads-up, my bookmark brings me directly to the forum, so I'll have to go check out the main page and boy am I looking forward to Tuesday!!

Class Act

Consistently professional, SNM videos delivers substance and packaging respective of their audience, "an educated crowd"!

Thank you

I really appreciate all your efforts to keep this web site so responsive and informative. I know it must be a lot of work, but I love you guys for doing it.

I hope to tune in for the "world premiere" of Circuit Max. Can't decide if the appropriate attire would be black tie or a sports bra ... but I surely will have to dress for the occasion.

And I really love the idea of Cathe using the on-line TV for educational purposes. You guys are the best!

Sports Braaaahhhh!!!

Oh Daphne, you're a hoot! I'm also going to wear my heart rate monitor AND keep a bottle of epinephrine beside me...just in case.

Kathy T

Only The Best!!!

You guys are the greatest. I am so proud. I had some of my web folks at work look at the site and they think the page looks great. Simply the best from Cathe and crew.

Denise Merchant

AWESOME!

Your new web page is great-and it's already changed again
happy.gif
I love the idea for the web TV-gonna check it out for a little while before going to work (I'm thanking my lucky stars that I don't go in until 11 central time). Thanks, SNM and Cathe, for the wonderful site to browse and share ideas with other fitness enthusiasts and also with you! Have a great day
wink.gif

(are you taking any time off to play after all of that hard work-hope so-you deserve it Cathe)
julie
happy.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.