the last ten pounds

boxer

Cathlete
what is the best way to get off those stubborn last 10 lbs? i workout 6 days a week with weights and cardio . those last ten i would like to shed

Hi all

IMHO if you are not heavy -- and I assume you are not -- to lose that last 10 lb you need to be extremely discipline with your diet. You must know how much calories your body use/day and eat less than that. Mari

Hi littledeettt,

I too love to run. This is a new found love for me and I am addicted. I was just wondering how to set goals. Do you run for time, for distance, or speed? How much do you run? I was thinking of adding 10 min a week to my running time, is that good? I'll take any pointers I can get....thanks a bunch!

Clean eating should do it.

Cut out ALL white bread products, white rice, cereal etc. Eat very little bread etc, but if you eat breads or cereal or pasta etc, eat only whole wheat or whole grain. Eat lots of veggies and some fruit. Eat alot of lean meat. Egg white omellettes and scrambled egg whites. Do NOT eat things with processed sugar (you're already getting tons of sugar in your fruit). Do NOT drink any sugary drinks, only water and non-fat milk if possible. Try this for two weeks and see if it works. If you need more clean eating suggestions, ask because people have tons here. I cheat on the sugar obviously but try not too.

Here is some stuff I've been doing:

breakfast

Protein non fat milk smoothie with ice,berries,maybe non fat plain yogurt
or
soy sausage pattie with cheese on 1/2 whole wheat english muffin
or
3 or 4 scrambed eggs(mostly whites) with 1 or 2 strips turkey bacon

snacks

protein bar (lots of protein,lower in sugar and fat if possible)
string cheese
nuts
apple dipped in good peanut butter(no sugar added!!!!)
peice of fruit

lunch and dinner I try to stick to lean meat with veggies of some kind and stay away from breads and potatoes and pastas.

Good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.