The incredible hold exercise has on me!!

jloewe

Cathlete
This was never more true than my recent trip to Disney for 2 weeks. I did manage to bring a portable DVD player along with a KB workout, which I did do on two occasions, but by no means did I make it a priority to work out...big mistake..by the end of my 2nd week, my fatigue increased, my mood suffered, it almost felt as if my depression was creeping back in..until I got home and began my normal workout routine again...everything brightened, fatigue lifted.

The loss of my brother should have alerted me to the fact that I need to do all I can..including making exercise a HUGE priority, no matter where I am.

That won't happen again, I won't allow it.

I read on a poster once that If exercise were a pill, it would be the most widely prescribed drug ever...how true, how true!

I think the fact that you go back to it, even when you've faltered, is the most important thing. Most people are rarely 100% consistent, particularly when life goes badly (even though, of course, that is best :D). But if you maintain your desire to be healthy in the long run, it helps tremendously.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your brother.

I totally agree. I hate having a break from my routine, because my mood does genuinely deteriorate. I feel more cranky, and generally stress (of exams particularly) gets to me.
Exercise comes first. I don't care if it's wrong or not, It works for me :)

I too am sorry for the loss of your brother :(

Thank Jerry.....and can I say, I L.O.V.E. readin' you!!!!:D

Thanks, Kim..responses like yours are the reason I wanted to come back here to post...what will I have learned from making mistakes if I don't pass on the knowledge to help others?

I sincerely appreciate the wishes regarding my brother, he is in a much better place, a place he chose to be. I'm glad he's not hurting anymore.

As for me, I have far too much to live for, too much to accomplish...I'm happy with the direction I'm heading right now, have only touched the tip of the iceberg of what I can do to impact lives. I have spent far too much time not doing a damned thing with my life.

Exercise allows me to be the best me I can be, there's just no way around it..and if you're going to work out, work out with the best. I have found that a generous mix of Cathe, Kelly Coffey Meyer, Leslie Sansone, and Sara Ivanhoe (yoga) has been the very best self medicating there is!!

Jerry,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.

Good for you to realize the importance of exercise in your life. I seem to go through periods of time when I don't exercise and then when I begin again feel so much more energized. Keep up the good work!

Hi Jerry (met you on July 08 road trip!),
I am so sorry about your brother. When my mother died, I went through a period of fatigue, sadness, you name it - sitting on the couch and staring into space. It is hard at times like this when you have lost someone to know if it's better to sit and let the feelings ride themselves out, or go do kickboxing or weights or something to try to improve the mood. I am guessing every individual is different but I hope you will find the best way for you. Re taking time off, when I do I just get grouchier and grouchier the more days go by. Exercise keeps me (and the people who live with me!) feeling better and it's got a hold on me too! Keep up the work and hang in there :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.