The Firm

judejude

Cathlete
Over the weekend I saw the latest infomercial for the firm where they were offering jiggle free abs AND jiggle free buns w/the set if you ordered right then.

If anyone has sees the infomercial today, can you PLEASE reply to me w/the tel # to get it?

I ordered before from one of those infomercials who said you only get the offer if you called in the next 5 mins & I called the next day & they gave it to me anyway.

I love Cathe, but I also love The Firm.

Thanks !:D

>Over the weekend I saw the latest infomercial for the firm
>where they were offering jiggle free abs AND jiggle free buns
>w/the set if you ordered right then. Many infomercials say "order in the next X minutes, and get 'deal'."

That's a sales gimmick to get people to order without thinking about it much. You will still be able to get the deal later. And if you visit the Firm website, it's probably on there as well.

Thanks all. Yes, I've visited the Firm official website, but they don't have that offer. I realize that Cathe is much more advanced, I've been doing her dvds for a few years now. I like them both.

I think there number is 1-800-The-Firm. I HTH's. Just make sure of the deal with the representative before you place your order. There are many of us who still like the Firm and Cathe. Variety is the spice of life!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

Thanks for the help. My sister saw the program today & called me w/the number. I agree w/your spice of life comment totally. I have a varied library of workouts. From Sweatin to the Oldies right on up to Cathe - which is the hardest of anything I own.

I still like The Firm, too! Actually, I have to credit them...had it not been for me placing my 1st order with them 3.5 years ago, I may have never found out about Cathe! It was a Firm chat room that was praising Cathe that made me want to try her in the 1st place.

Not only that, if it were not for the Firm workouts I did religiously, I would not have been strong enough to handle Cathe AT ALL! Cathe didn't have intermediate workouts yet so Firm layed a nice foundation. For me, anyways!

I agree with Sarah's post. If I hadn't done 3 years with the Firm, I would never have been able to attempt a Cathe workout! More than that, however, I would never have THOUGHT I could do a Cathe workout. Shout out to the Firm for giving me an opportunity to develop some self confidence!!

And another shout out to Collage Video for their descriptions- I found Cathe amongst the pages of their catalogue last spring...

Speaking of the The Firm, I used to be an avid user. I love their original series that filmed in Carolina in the eighties and nineties ... most anyway. The ones I loved were with Susan Harris/Tracy Long and two others that I forgot there name as well as Pam Cauther. Now Pam is Pam Meriweather and she still is with the firm. I see her on the infomercial. She is the only one I like on the Firm Fitness. But, I needed something more and I found the newer Firm workouts just didn't do it for me. It wasn't a case of adding more weights but they seem kind of boring to me and I don't like the leaders and I didn't find the workouts intense enough. Thats just me.
I was going to try their transformer but decided I would just buy more Cathe workouts instead.

I think the original firms were great Volumes 1-6 and Tracie Longs. After they were sold to Good times they seem to go down hill and were no longer good workouts. I do know they got me in good enough shape to be able to do Cathe. So I salute them.
Jen

The Firm was the original workout that combined aerobics and weight training. I have the first 6 in Beta format! shows how long ago that was LOL.. they were done on a pre-order basis back then too and each Beta tape which was only one workout, no pre-mixes etc was $50!

I agree. I think Anna Benson desined a better workout.
I like the old ones more.
I really liked the old set too.
Oh and i was doing a Karen voit one day and noticed the black lady (don't know her name)from the firm in her set. She has some major muscle....
The firm i think at 1st were designed for younger and older as for having 50+women in them lifting lighter weights and modifying.
What annoys me is they are not chaptered and the old ones are only on vhs.
I can remember pre ordering them at 50 bucks a tape.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

The old Firms are now available on dvd.

I have all of the old/older Firm. Once they went through the turmoil when the sister's split I lost interest. Although, the message board at that time was quite invigorating most days!! That was pre-YaYa's.

I have kept all of my Firms. I haven't done any of those workouts for years and years but I still can't seem to part with them.:)

They are good workouts, the older ones.

I didn't know the sisters split. I just knew that one day someone else owned them, didn't know of the story. What happened? I do know that one of them has started a new workout series. They use some of the old instrutors from the original and I think they use Susan Harris and Tracy Long too. I forgot the name.
I have the original one with Janet Jones later Gretzky as the lead. Its a hard box and yes it costs 50 dollars. Its about 18 years old now but I still love it. My favourite was Firm Strength which was great. I still use that. Now that I found the Cathe workouts, I doubt I will need anything the Firm puts out. By comparison (todays Firm that is) they are very lame - almost sleepy - next to Cathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.